Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Trip

Discussion in 'A Soldier's Story' started by Panzerfaust War44, Feb 20, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Panzerfaust War44

Panzerfaust War44 New Member

via War44
    I translated veteran storys, sorry for by bad english.

Normal day in life of ss soldier.

Story 1

I was driving truck with two ss officers, was autumn 1944 truck started made odd noices and i weared winter coat and went outside of truck to fix that.
    Car behind truck stopped quickly and SS-Stabscharführer jumped out.
    He said:
    what are you doing?
    I: fixing car,
    He :Why are you weared winter coat?
    I : here is little bit cold and i thought is better to fix car with it.
    He : you dont follow rules, rules not allow soldiers use winter wears before 16.10? not now!

After that he drove away. at evening I got call to come comand post
    There platoon commander ordered me and those officers to do exercise for one hour, because they allowed me to wear coat before 16.10! He said he dont allow Hitler`Praetorians act like that.

Partisans: official name was Terrorist.

Division was In denmark, partisans atacked in cafeteria some civils and ss soldiers died, at next nigth pioneers blew up movie teater, commander said if soldiers will met partisans they have to leave them alone, war will be losed and there is no reason to fight against them. Smart man.

Defence
    Division traveled in german, after division passed destroyed hampurn soldiers got fighting spirit back, most of division was ready to figth until last bullet.
    On Nigth british focused to destroy civil targets so that was best time for army to move. Time to time walking and train.

Finaly division got fresh troops, those was young kids but they was ok for take care of easy missions, hard core ss troops gor trew on fist front.

Aschaffenburg town was fiasco for americans, tanks atacked without infantry Hitler jugent hided in houses and shot with panzerfausts, when tanks started drove back SS atacked, there was no way to return, defenders destroyed and captured many tanks there.

Surrendering was not possibility, allies hated SS, du ss?, they asked and if they found some or thought soldier was from ss he got killed with brutal way.
    So was better to fight until last bullet or lie.

Our squad member got famil in Thale so that was target.
    was hard to find place where to sleep because allies executed all who helped SS,also civils didint liked ss alot.
    After 500 Km walking we toke risk and went in town, all went well untill we noticed russians will occupy town in 24 hours.

Finaly we arrived at Thale, there all went wrong, british was toke his house, there was his identity card and all papers, and Photos of him on SS uniform!

Next town was Bissendorf there we got new issues with Polish, was time to walk again...

Finaly they got help from red cross and escaped from German to Sweden.

2. Dave War44

Dave War44 Member

via War44
    Good job Panzerfaust, not a bad translation at all :thumb:

3. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    Hello Panzerfaust, great little stories thanks for sharing them with us.. :thumb:

4. crunkyjens

crunkyjens New Member

via War44
    Great translation and stories! Hard to believe that for the SS what they considered wrong was wearing a winter coat...good lord...that is absolutely crazy. :tong:

5. Cabel1960

Cabel1960 recruit

via War44
    Nice story, fully enjoyed reading this. :thumb: