Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Trying to salute

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by Poppy, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

I thought the same thing had just happened to me but then I realized I wasn't logged on. Whew.
    You know the saying; "Use It or Lose It". Hope you get it back.

2. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Thanks Fred...I can conclusively say: yes I have no salute button.

Marmat likes this.
  3. Marmat

Marmat Member

... now I'll be able to sleep tonight, perhaps even for an extra hour!

4. Clementine

Clementine Member

I seem to be having this same issue lately - never had the problem before. Is Poppy adversely affecting me in some way or am I giving you guys too much credit, that is to say, too many salutes?

I have the star, but not the saluting function at the moment. But I was able to salute earlier today.

5. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

You're only allowed 3 salutes in a 24 hour period. Check again tomorrow. Otherwise, you're hanging around with Poppy too much.

6. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Like my momma used to say Poppy, if you play with it too much, you are going to break it!

7. Clementine

Clementine Member

Obviously Poppy and I are overwhelmed by the amount of intelligence posted here and we are zealously trying to show our appreciation. I guess we will just have to rein it in a bit. Thanks for the info!

8. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I vote for Poppy and Clementine getting more salutes to give away! Of course I will be expecting a generous amount of those extra salutes :)

gunbunnyb/3/75FA likes this.
  9. Clementine

Clementine Member

It's a deal!

10. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

We have a charity over this side of the pond called help the hero's. I am the official salute collecter for ww2 forums. If we collect all our salutes and send them to Otto, he will give 1 pence..or 1 dime, or 1000 euros to the campaign for each salute collected...Please give generously....There is a hero out there somewhere in need of a salute. Send all spare salutes to me care of Urqh and I'll make sure the heros get them on your behalf. 3 each from each member daily will work out to , errr....722 divided by 37, multiplied by 9999 is a lot of salutes....I think...Any left over will be shared out with the homeless at Christmas...Come on lets do it...send your salutes to urqh now...

11. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Sure. Laugh it up at my expense... Like laughing at the retards or handi capped. Y'all should be ashamed....It's like stealing candy from a baby when you poke fun at me. Very easy but BAD karma...But seriously...There is no provision to enable salutes in my profile or anywhere else I've searched. All my treasured compliments/salutes from some of the peeps I respect/admire here have disappeared. I valued those and now they are gone. That's the truth...How could that happen?

...Upon investigating this mysterious salute problem, I've come to the conclusion the Muslim Brotherhood is probably to blame. They are PISSED at my excellent posts, jealous of my command of the English language and the ladies, and my ability to transcend ordinary men's thoughts and limitations. Because of me, Iran will prolly get bombed. Sorry...

Clementine likes this.
  12. belasar

belasar Court Jester

There is something fishy about this post, and it ain't comming with any side of chips either!:)

As for poor Poppy, as the saying goes, every village must have one and all we can do is offer him our salute, figuratively of course, as it would be silly to waste them on some poor bugger who can't return them. :D

13. Clementine

Clementine Member

I had to salute you, Poppy. Just because I could!

Poppy and I are going to get extra salutes, and since it appears he can't use them, I'll just take them all, and, well, I'm not really sure about this official salute collector claim of urgh's, but I'm a sucker for heroes of the military kind and would really like to help the homeless.....

14. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Alms for the poor? I'm thinking...shhh...Belasar sends me his maximum amount of salutes at the beginning of the month. I send him one at the end of the month with the promise of more. Urqh sends me all of his, I send him 1 from Bella with the promise of more. And so on. Next thing you know, I'm the smartest most popular dude on WW2F with a ton of extra salutes to get lap dances....Smart hunh?
    But seriously. I'd like all my old salutes/likes/points given back to me. Want the ability to salute. Lou has sent this to Jeff. Am waiting to find out how this could be sooo SNAFU.

CAC likes this.
  15. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Im saluting you Poppy...just coz your a funny prick. : )

16. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I've been following it, trying to figure it out. I think it is an issue for Grofaz.

17. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Has Poppy paid his forum dues? I make sure to send mine the first of the month just to keep this very thing from happening.

:salute: :salute: :salute:

18. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Dues??? Good one...I missed that.....

All members please send Urqh your dues as soon as possible...5 Dollars...1 pound or 10000 million euros....Send via paypal I'll send you details shortly as soon as I work out a cut for slip...sorry a donation to the southerne Belle line.

19. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

5 dollars Amercian? Gee that would only be about 4.80 in good ole Australian currency...The Aussie Lobster is sitting pretty on the green back these days..."whats that greenback? Get off?...Not bloody likely mate!" : )

20. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Biak...I'm having issues with my bank. Something about trans border transaction. They say if you send 200 hundred dollars I could free up those dues and then I'll repay with an absurd interest. Honest...../ the old Somalian scam/...I've got some black money for cheap...Alberta wives anyone?