Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

U.S. Army m1928 Haversack Meat Can Pouch

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by militaryman, Jun 12, 2016.

1. militaryman

militaryman New Member

Hello everyone, I'd like to ask the community this question because I can't quite figure out any where what to do here. I have a m1928 haversack that I am using as a starting point for a full set uniform of a United States Army soldier back during the war. The question that I have is regarding the meat can pouch that goes on the haversack. Now first off I would like to say that I had to get the haversack and the meat can pouch separately; therefore, the two articles were not already conjoined as one.
    My problem is that as I try to attach my pouch to my haversack, there doesn't seem to be anything in the way of something to hold it down. There's only the holes for the straps to go through the holes into the pouch and through the top flap where the shovel sits on. Am I missing something or am I being dumb?

Thank you all for your time and consideration!

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Hello, could you post a picture of your haversack. This would allow me to check out whether a strap or a ring or two could be missing (or not) .

In the meantime here is a copy of the of the official assembly instructions

. http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com/ww2/m1928pack.htm

[​IMG]

formerjughead likes this.
  3. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Here is what it looks like attached to the flap. Rich A. in Pa.

Attached Files:

formerjughead likes this.