Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

UFO Fragment or Piece of WW2 Aircraft?

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by George Patton, Oct 21, 2016.

1. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Possibly, but we know nothing about their hygiene habits or taste in music. They could be worse than the British...

2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

As long as they don't cook like the Brits they'll be welcome.

3. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

[​IMG]
    Besides you can tell he's credible just by looking at him.

4. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Just when you had me convinced that British tourists weren't as bad as I thought, this comes up:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3863986/Dead-British-man-stripped-tied-airport-bench-slice-ham-buttock-genitals-wedged-TUNA.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

5. OpanaPointer

'Splains why the food tastes like that.

6. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

There are a lot of missing a -holes, eyeballs and teets missing from animals, so it only reinforces the fact the Brits (diet) are descendants of the star peoples...blood sausage- 'nuff said.
    Why would they come here- i dunno. Probably in the name of science and learning...Would also bet we have a sweet piece of property here, possibly a jewel of a planet, and thinking -Man is one of the real puzzles of the universe, and our women are even more mysterious...And nuclear explosions probably set off alarm bells across the cosmos.
    Hawking doesn't want us sending signals pell-mell out there, he figures anyone who finds them will be eons ahead of us...And we all know what happens here on Earth when an advanced culture meets a basic one.
    The movie Avatar (barf) tried to 'splain it.

7. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Hawking is taking one stand point, and needs to watch more Sci Fi...he would realise there are many different view points on this. For a start he is treating the aliens as humans, giving them our traits. As ive said before, an alien race eons ahead has no need for slaves (as we now don't), no need for water (as it can be found in abundance on ice/water planets, we have a couple just in our small system)...no need for minerals, as there are many uninhabited planets, moons and asteroids full of the stuff...it could make whatever it needs...im sure they can/could terraform any planet anyway.
    All we can give them is view of another "culture" of intelligent beings...being interested in our evolution...just a handful of "agents" could give them all the info they need or want.
    We could be seeing aliens "IF" we begin to possess weapons and craft that will affect and interact with them. Remember Star Trek, where the aliens (Vulcans) only made contact once a faster than light drive was invented...?
    Hawking needs to rethink in my estimation...his ideas are old and illconcidered.

8. OpanaPointer

Hawking is well past his peak. He rarely makes the "top ten" list with students in his field any more. But with regard to his "prediction" I would remind him of the Error of Small Samples. Everybody says the aliens probably won't be like us, but he give them the same bad habits we have.