Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

US Marines in the Phillipines

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Hufflepuff, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff Semi-Frightening Mountain Goat

I have a desceased great uncle who was a marine in the Phillipines. If anyone has any info on what Marine units were in the Phillipines, please post it here; I will welcome it with. With any regimental or divisional records you give me, I can do research into that regiment and look for his personal accounts, possibly. List any Marine Corps unit here (and a website, if possible) that served in the Phillipines in WWII. I wish to find out more about my Great Uncle.

My mom sometimes talked to him, and to the day he died, she said, he always called the Japanese soldiers 'Dirty Japs' (No offense to all Japanese people out there; I do not hate you.). He was wounded I believe; his name is Marshall (Marsh) Bradley. If anyone has any info on him either please post!! You will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Hufflepuff

2. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

3. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

There were also several detachments serving as base guard units at naval bases like Cavite and Subic bay along with an embassy guard unit in addition to the 4th regiment.

4. Lippert

Lippert Member

Hey brother, here to help you out if I can, but I need a middle initial.. seems Marshall Bradley was a somewhat common occurence in the days of yore.

5. rainbowtrout

rainbowtrout Member

The American Defenders of Bata'an and Corregidor, and the listserve John Lewis maintains are the places to ask;the last is the home page
    ADBC
    Japanese
    Japanese-pow Home Page

The Japanese-pow Listserv is a "closed" listserv which means that only people that have been "subscribed" as members of a listserv may send messages that are retransmitted to all members of the listserv. The purpose of the Japanese-pow Listserv is to provide a vehicle for the exchange of information relating to Prisoners of War of the Japanese during World War II. Membership is open to anyone who wants to send and receive messages on this subject. Please do not be concerned that the name West Point is in the title of the sponsoring organization. The name comes from the origin when a group of West Point graduates wanted to take advantage of the internet to exchange messages rapidly with all members of their group. This organization is called West-Point.Org (WP-ORG for brevity) has grown to become a sponsor for a large number of lists including a list for almost every graduated class, parents groups, sports groups, friends of West Point groups and others - about 25,000 members combined in all groups. This fine organization has volunteered to sponsor our list of persons interested in information concerning Prisoners of War of the Japanese during World War II.

6. Mortman2004

Mortman2004 Dishonorably Discharged

Ya can call the japanese whatever ya want here... Dont bad mouth the Damm nazis or Red baron gets irked LOL