Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

USS Arizona Survivors

Discussion in 'Pearl Harbor' started by rizzo, Aug 9, 2011.

1. rizzo

rizzo Member

Does anyone know if there are any Arizona survivors left? I had an uncle killed on the ship. My dad was an officer w/ the Marines and, on leave in Hawaii, drop by to see him. He was inthe process of changing out the brass bells and gave one of the older ones to my dad. This was on Dec. 5th. my dad left Sat. and hell hit Sunday. I have the bell and it is rather nice. In fact, I was named after my uncle. Just curious. Thanx

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Do you have any pics of your father and the bell you could post?

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

How about names for your uncle and father? They would also be a boon. I agree with Jeff. Pics would be appreciated.

4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

As of April:

This is a list of the 19 known living USS Arizona survivors. There are 18 Navy survivors and only 1 survivor left of the Marine Detatchment onboard the Arizona 7 Dec 1941. If you have any information and/or photos & stories to add regarding these heros, or if you know of a living USS Arizona survivor who does not appear on this list, please contact us. Thank you. Last updated 26 April 2011.

USS Arizona Living Survivors List :: USS Arizona BB39 and Pearl Harbor Memorial Page