Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Very interesting Walther PP Holster

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by bsweeney, Mar 30, 2009.

1. bsweeney

bsweeney Member

This piece is interesting. It is an old beat up PP holster Unmarked brown and civilian with front flap scarification. What makes it very interesting is that it is the piece pictured in the popular reference book (at least in my country) German Pistols and Holsters 1934-1945, VOLUME III by LL. COL. Robert D. Whittington III, U.S. Army (RET). The piece appears on page 76, listed as: Figure 59: Walther PP breakaway. No Markings. Red/Brown cowhide. Unknown Category. Original Holster for Nazi Tirolean Walther PP, serial # 135347P, (I wonder what has happened to this gun as I do not have it with the holster), it goes on: illustrated on page 283 of Volume II. Steel button. Height : 7.12 inches (182mm). Maximum flap width 5.12 inches (130). Stout Photo/Author's collection.
    I have included pics of the volume cover and page for reference. If you were looking directly at both you could see the match is unmistakable.

Attached Files:

2. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

They do seem very similar, I am not sure what this post it about though, are you merely pointing out the closeness of the two holsters or are you asking for clarification?:)

3. bsweeney

bsweeney Member

Opinions I guess, although a little hard to see from photos if viewed first hand with holster in hand the markings are unmistakable.