Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Very nice dioramas

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Panzerknacker, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

In the MILITARY MODELLING magazine. There are several prize winners that really grabbed me. One is of a post-war scene in Germany where a disabled King Tiger has been left and is being avoided by a VW Bug.

The second is from a modeller of high renown, and it shows a scene in France of some SS troops gathering scattered ammunition from a knocked out tank.

Thought they were worth a mention...

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Sounds great to me. Bad thing is--no store around my neck of the woods carries that magazine--tho--I have ben trying for over 10 years to get someone to do so :mad:

3. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Hallo! I love dioramas. I have met a mister here in Mexico who has won many cups on modelling, national and international. He showed me his work and God! It was awesome. He doesn't just have 150 tanks and vehicles perfectly built and painted, but he has a lot of dioramas which can be from the battle of Crécy, Waterloo, Cannas, Potlava, Little Big Horn, Arsuf, etc. He won last year the best diorama in Latin America for a small diorama which shows 2. and 1. Panzerdivisionen crossing in a road. It is just awesome. He also had a collection of 80 aeroplanes and I do not know how many ships and other stuff, but he moved and his wife told him: "You have to choose: those shits or me!" He chose her. Now that he is divorcing he wants to kill himself... :(
    If I can get my camera down there I will bring you some photos!

4. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

Absolutely Friedrich-those pictures would be great-they would really reinforce the skill of these guys