Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Veterans weekend

Discussion in 'Living History' started by 107thcav, Nov 8, 2009.

1. 107thcav

107thcav Member

On November the 14th Fort Thomas Kentucky is having a military modelers show with vehicles and living historians. This will be my first year attending sounds like a good show to honor our veterans. Hope to see you there will be wearing a uniform prop from Saving Private Ryan and plus will have my demolition and guns on hand. God bless and thank you to our veterans.

2. 107thcav

107thcav Member

I went and visited Fort Thomas for the first time and it was awesome. I had my small smattering of gear there my stuff is on the table with a 99th infantry division baseball uniform and equipment used by the airborne divisions. But the highlight of the day was getting to hold and unfortunately it blurred (why oh, why did I not check this) was the folding bazooka model. The gentleman who owned this collection has some really great stuff like the German Camo tunic British anti-tank rifle and some Japanese early war model officer uniforms. Thought you would all like to see how it looks. The show was free to the public it is a model figure show but they have been asking collectors in the area to come down and set up and they will supply the meal and it was good. I will see them again in the summer next show will take me to Fort Knox where I will be saying a tearful goodbye to the Patton Museum as it moves to it's new home in Fort Benning.

AndyPants and Currahee like this.
  3. AndyPants

AndyPants Ace

excellant photos! thanks for sharing.....id say it was a great day

4. 107thcav

107thcav Member

In deed it was Andy always nice to say hi and thanks to our vets. I posted pictures of the old fort entitled Fort Thomas check it out I think you will like them.