Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Video Clips

Discussion in 'The Guns Galore Section' started by some guy phpbb3, Jul 1, 2004.

1. some guy phpbb3

some guy phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    as my first post, i'd like to ask everyone for some help. Are there any websites where there are video clips of wwii smallarms being fired? i found a few, but they are really hard to come by. If you have any saved on your computer, is there any way of somehow getting them on here to download? If you do have a site or link, please share! i've been looking hard, and they're hard to find! thanks alot! Plus we can all enjoy a few clips of the weapons we've read so much about. i know i'd love to hear an fg 42!

2. some guy phpbb3

via TanksinWW2
  3. SgtBob

SgtBob New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Really nice link, I like it! One small point though, the sound this MG42 makes is slightly different from a training film I saw a few years ago (made in 1942 for the U.S. Army). The sound in it was a slightly higher pitch and sounded like an even higher rate of fire. I don't understand the discrepancy. The only thing I can think of is the film was recorded about 100 yds down from the business end of the MG instead of immediately next to it.

4. SgtBob

SgtBob New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Really nice link, I like it! One small point though, the sound this MG42 makes is slightly different from a training film I saw a few years ago (made in 1942 for the U.S. Army). The sound in it was a slightly higher pitch and sounded like an even higher rate of fire. I don't understand the discrepancy. The only thing I can think of is the film was recorded about 100 yds down from the business end of the MG instead of immediately next to it. If there was an e-mail address on that site, I'd ask them about it.

5. some guy phpbb3

via TanksinWW2
    that's interesting. the only other explanation i could think of is if it was recorded in 1942, the technology is obviously not as advanced, and somehow distorted the sound. just like in even older videos, the movement being recorded seems to be much faster than what really happened. that's the only other reason i can think of.

does anyone else have some sites? or if somehow anyone has a video saved on their computer, is it possible to share that through this forum?
    please add if you have any more sites!