Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

videos with the danes in Musa Qala, Afganistan

Discussion in 'Post-World War 2 Armour' started by Jens Knudsen, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Jens Knudsen

Jens Knudsen New Member

via TanksinWW2
  2. Jens Knudsen

Jens Knudsen New Member

via TanksinWW2
  3. Jens Knudsen

Jens Knudsen New Member

via TanksinWW2
  4. smeghead phpbb3

smeghead phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    wow, that last one was quite intense... leider, ich kann kein hollandisch verstehen, :p so i can't read the insightful political responses that one so often sees on youtube :roll:

Did anyone see the B1 dropping flares after making a pass? I never knew it could be used for the close ground defence?

5. sinissa

sinissa New Member

via TanksinWW2
    That what u say does not prowe quality of danish soldiers.Look the videos there,they got alot air support,heawy weapons suport,all NATO soldiers got kevlar ptotection,what taliban use? Normal non military clotches,light infantry weapons,etc...Best prowe of NATO failure is that talibans r still there...

6. Jens Knudsen

Jens Knudsen New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I did not claim anything about the danish soldiers, I just put up the facts, nothing more, its a FACT that they were in fighting up to 5 time a day, its a FACT that 8 danes were wounded and its a FACT that around 25 talibans were killed...maybe more, maybe less, the number will properly never be known for sure, but I did not claim anything about the qualities of the danish soldiers...but I know that the danish soldiers are well trained since I have BEEN in the danish army...and thats a FACT to

and as you say you self, the talibans wear non military cloths, that only makes them even harder to fight against since now you cant see the differenc between civilians and talibans.

and to be surrounded for 35 days by people who only interrest is to kill you and that only suffer 8 wounded, that I think show that the danish soldiers are well trained and up to the task

7. sinissa

sinissa New Member

via TanksinWW2
    If u offer then body armors and uniforms i think that they would accept it gladly :lol:
    Btw,that what i sow was not a real fight,coz i sow a real fight and i cant say that for u.
    As i say,most action was from air strikes.I looked not so long a go some forum when arab and Israely guy speaked about they war....
    Israley guy called arabs cowards,coz they just wait in amushes with RPG and they dont hawe courage 2 fight,a got big laugh there.In situation of bigg technical superiority only efective way is guerilla way,ambushes ,etc.

8. Revere

Revere New Member

via TanksinWW2

Thats not that many....

9. Jens Knudsen

Jens Knudsen New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The danes are in afghanistan to do a job and they do it well, its not a question about honour, there is no honour in war, its about to kill or get killed and right now its the talabans that get killed and not the danes and yes our troops have all kind of protections and air support, but we would like to get home alive and not in bodybags.....and for the talabans..just to bad for them, its war and its dirty business
    and what you see in this video is what the danish army high command choose to release to the public and that is a first, the danish army usual dont show soldiers in combat to the civil population, so I guess they have cut out the worst scenes of fighting and since you was not there in Musa Qala when the fighting stood on, how can you tell if the fighting were intense or not, danish soldiers there were there have later told that the fighting was really intense and the same have the british army said, the brits were there in the beginning and they gav support when needed.
    So you cant jugd anything from a 4 minuts video, you had have to been there

The winner get to live on, #2 get a coffin, the danes sure dont want the coffin.

10. Jens Knudsen

Jens Knudsen New Member

via TanksinWW2
  11. FNG phpbb3

FNG phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    all credit to the Danes in that they are willing to put up their troops and face the crap along with the Brits and Yanks in Southern Afganistan.

I notice that several NATO members used their national veto to prohibit their troops from going to the southern provinces.

This is not a comment on the quality of troops of any nation as most grunts will serve and fight profeciently where ever ordered but certainly some european policitians lack balls and are a disgrace to their fellow NATO members.

FNG

12. Grabbers

Grabbers New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Dont forget the Canadians now, not to discredit anyother nation but we have shed allot of blood in that Country now. 44 dead at last count.

Would love to see Germany and France to name just 2 NATO countries step up. ( I know France isnt NATO )

Also I belive the Danes use a Canadian made Diamaco C7 varient.

13. Jens Knudsen

Jens Knudsen New Member

via TanksinWW2
  14. sinissa

sinissa New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Yep ur right,but i speaked about 25 taliban dead and only 8 danish wounded.It is like that coz of technical superiority not coz off danish combat skills,if i may add,that count is pretty high if we considere all.[/b]

15. Jens Knudsen

Jens Knudsen New Member

via TanksinWW2
    How do you know its not by danish combat skills also, you was not there and have not served in the danish army so you dont know a thing about danish combat skills so stop argue about something you dont know, I know about danish combat skills since I have been in the danish army
    and yes they got air support but thats just normal for a NATO member to have, but they did not have it all the time, some of the troops there were there later told that it was not always possible to get air support because of the civilian, remember, Musa Qala is a town, there were civilans present

Fighting is not something new for the danish army, we have been in some form of combat since the early days in Bosnia in the early 1990s, just ask the bosnian serbs if they know those danish Leopard 1A5 tanks, we are in Kosovo and been there from the beginning, we are in Iraq, where there are combat situations, and been in Afghanistan from the beginning as well, I think we have pretty damn good combat skills by now

You only build your argument from a short 4 minuts viddeo, you cant say anything about 35 days of fighting from a 4 minuts video, you cant say anything about the danish combat skills from that number, 25 kills, its an estimanted number and its a estimanted number of what was killed by the danish troops them self, not from what were killed by air support, that number will maybe never been known, but you cant say anything from an estimanted number

16. Grabbers

Grabbers New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Oh wow I thought they left NATO in the 50s or 60s. Thats my error! :oops:

17. Ossian phpbb3

Ossian phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    IIRC they withdrew from the MILITARY part of NATO but not the POLITICAL part

18. sinissa

sinissa New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Actualy not only that 1 video,i looked it more,not just danish,NATO generaly.Btw,ask serbs for what? What shoud i ask myself?:)

19. Grieg

Grieg New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Just what are you trying to say? Do you support the Taliban agaisnt NATO and the UN? If you do then stop beating around the bush and making snide comments about Danish soldiers (or all NATO soldiers) and come out and say so.

20. Jens Knudsen

Jens Knudsen New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Ask the bosnian serbs about this little episode that happed april 29th 1994:
    http://www.milhist.dk/post45/boellebank ... ank_uk.htm

A danish UN force beated the bosnian serbs in combat, with out any air nor artillery support, just with few tanks, and the bosnian serbs were equiped with anti-tanks weapons

So dont come and say we cant fight

But I get the feeling that you are mad just because NATO beated the serbs a few times duing the 90s, get over it, Serbia might become a member of NATO some day