Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Virus Warnings

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by Gromit801, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Gromit801

Gromit801 Member

The site is throwing virus alert warnings. I'm off for now.

2. JagdtigerI

JagdtigerI Ace

My firefox browser still does not let me type.

My safari browser still allows me to type but now also gives me virus warnings.....I receive a message saying the site contains "malware"

My phone is still working

3. texson66

texson66 Ace

Yes, everything on Firefox is locked out for typing. I am on Google Chrome. I suspect the virus is on the WW2f server. Interesting

4. texson66

texson66 Ace

Anybody else capable of posting now?

5. Fallschirmjäger 1

Fallschirmjäger 1 Member

I can on Chrome, not on Firefox.

6. Fallschirmjäger 1

Fallschirmjäger 1 Member

^Scratch that, I'm on Safari now, Chrome detected something on the site that contained "dangerous files" or something, right after I posted. Firefox gave me a message last night. There's a virus somewhere on here...

7. 26Charlie

26Charlie Member

It might be helpful if someone could start a thread about this problem in the forum news folder - there might be others like myselkf who went there first to find info on why they cant compose a post. (Typing is allowed in the title field though)

Using Win XP: Firefox, crazybrowser and IE wouldn't let you type anything. I hadn't used IE in ages, so it wasn't comfortable when they made me click on one of their "allow program" prompts about five times before the screen would come up. I'm hoping all five were for the adobe flash program they identified it as. After all that, it still wouldn't allow typing. Downloaded and installed chrome.

Here is the text of the warning message chrome gives. I had to click on the "proceed anyway" to get this screen up.... hope that wasn't a dumb move - i've never seen a warning like that for any website in all my years net surfing. There are a couple links in the warning that i'll be trying next for more info....

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
    The website at www.ww2f.com contains elements from the site tempa2.cn, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
    For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for tempa2.cn.
    Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.

I understand that visiting this site may harm my computer.

8. 26Charlie

26Charlie Member

Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for tempa2.cn

(The insert link command wouldn't allow me to make that string a link - this is an edit of a double posting - would have deleted the latter if i could find the delete post command!)

That link address has this detail about the problem - in case anyone's interested.....

Safe Browsing
    Diagnostic page for tempa2.cn

What is the current listing status for tempa2.cn?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 7 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-11-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-11-30.

Malicious software includes 17 exploit(s).

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS49314 (NEVAL).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, tempa2.cn did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 5 domain(s), including ww2f.com/, expert.ru/, maxdarin.ru/.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
    * If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

9. TiredOldSoldier

TiredOldSoldier Ace

Using IE8 and yesterday it recorded an attempt by http*!*://tempa2.cn*!* (*!* added by me to avoid referencing) to install SW on my pc. Looked like the server had been hacked so I dropped off.Currently working with JScript disabled and I can type ... but had to re-enable cookies to post

10. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

I can now post, but I had to download Chrome. Don't think I like it at all, but thats beside the point. It gave me a warning about harmful content from tempa2 website. AVG tells me the site has no harmful content in the website, and virus searches have not come back with anything. Couldn't post via my normal browser, and pop-up blocker blocked an attempt to download some program which I didn't jot down, but having been a member for two years now, and never having been asked to download anything, I found it suspect.

I can also view avatars but the buttons for post reply, salute, quote, etc are all empty boxes, though they all still work.

11. Fallschirmjäger 1

Fallschirmjäger 1 Member

I can't use the text/insert link/picture boxes above where you enter text on a post. Also can't view the "about me/statistics/contact info etc..." boxes in profiles.

This is in addition to the problems listed above.

12. panzer kampf gruppen 6

panzer kampf gruppen 6 Dishonorably Discharged

Yea my internet browser (fire fox) not letting me on. I don't like ie and don't have a lot of time to download google chorme (I move around a lot during the day). So I am using me phone and says it has a virus and gave me a warning.

13. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

Chrome takes about a minute to download and install. It's a pretty lame browser, but at least I can access the board and it lest me post (finally!)

You just have to ignore the virus warning.

What's the progress on getting this whole thing fixed, so we can go back to using Firefox to view and post items on this board??

14. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

As I am sure you all know the OKW is well aware of the situation which I can say is even effecting the mods and admins of this forum. I for one had the same problem of not being able to post anything. Otto is aware of the issue as well, and as to the best of my knowledge is working with Slip and others to how best fix the problem.

We just ask for a bit of patience and understanding, soon all will be up and running again.

On another note I could not post at all with any of the browser mentioned, all of a sudden Firefox (which is my main browser I use) just started working again just now.

15. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Edited - was working, back to glitch now.

16. sox101

sox101 Member

Now I at least can post with chrome. Don't know why it won't work with firefox.

17. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

Not complaints tomcat, just want the admins to have specific info as to what the nature of the problem is. I'm sure Otto and Jeff are working hard on this, and are just as affected as everyone else.

I keep running Virus checks on my computer and I havn't picked anything up from any website let alone this one.

AVG keeps telling me that this site is safe from infection as well.

I'm now posting from Opera since Chrome kinda sucked and was giving me horrible problems, but that could just be because my computer I am currently using is OLD.

If anyone else is interested, and wants to take the time to download another browser because you just need your ww2f fix, I used this list
    List of Web browsers for Windows

18. panzer kampf gruppen 6

panzer kampf gruppen 6 Dishonorably Discharged

My firefox was just working but it crashed and did not let me post. I am now using google chrome (how ever its spelled) and I have to say its not the best web browser but it works!

19. Triple C

Triple C Ace

I am still getting virus warnings on Chrome but I can post. My Norton Security 360 also reported malicious software twice in a roll, though I do not know if it is connected with WW2F.

20. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

I too can post with Chrome, but not with IE or Firefox. I do hope that my scans with my Norton 2010 have kept me clean of infections. I will be very displeased if it hasn't.