Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

W.E.B. Griffin's Corps Series

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by Froix, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Froix

Froix New Member

via War44
    Any W.E.B. Griffin readers here? His books are often in a series. His Corps series is definitely my favorite of his writings. They're of the first books I've read when I started writing. There's currently 10 in the series. I have the first 9.

The CORPS

For anyone interested, here's a short synopsis of the first one.

THE CORPS: Semper Fi
    W.E.B. Griffin
    Historical Fiction

For readers who want to steep themselves in fiction surrounding events before, during and after the last "good war", World War II, W. E. B. Griffin offers two thrilling series: The BROTHERHOOD OF WAR and THE CORPS.

In the BROTHERHOOD OF WAR, the careers and personal lives of a band of U.S. Army enlisted men and officers are followed in 7 volumes from the late 1930's through four decades, including Viet Nam. THE CORPS begins with the adventures of a group of China Marines prior to the breakout of war in the Pacific in another multi-volume set that climaxes with a band of renegade Marines holed up on Mindinao at the end of World War II. Griffin's ear for dialogue, comprehensive research and personal knowledge of career military men and women lends these wartime sagas an aura of authenticity, adventure, romance and exciting reading.

2. Dave War44

Dave War44 Member

via War44
    Sounds like a 'ripping yarn' Froix, thanks for the heads-up :thumb:

3. Froix

Froix New Member

via War44
    I meant reading. 'when I started reading.' :red: Although I do mean to write someday but specifically in the fantasy genre. I'm 0% qualifed to write a war story.

Happy reading Dave!