Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

W L (Mickey) Reinhart

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by LancRestorer, Nov 20, 2008.

1. LancRestorer

LancRestorer Member

Hello. I'm interested in learning more about my father-in-law's WWII war service. He, William Leonard (Mickey) Reinhart, was from Stratford, ON. Canada and inlisted in the RCAF in early 1940. He was a Navigator and served in a few Squadrons during his active service. RAF Sqn 44 in mid 1941 then RCAF Sqn 408 untill he completed his first tour in late Jan. 1942, both Sqn's on Hampdens. After a period away from the theater when he was doing navigation instructing, he returned to action with RAF Sqn 109 assigned to Pathfinder Force duties on Mosquitos until Aug 1944. He was then reassigned back to Canada. During his active service he flew 97 Ops and was awarded both a DFM and DFC. He flew in Canada for the RCAF until Aug 1947 doing photographic survey work. Upon retirement from the RCAF he continued work with Photographic survey until his passing in 1973.
    If anyone has any relavent information about these Squadrons or Mickey I would appreciate hearing from you.

2. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

Lancrestorer -- Welcome to this forum! This is a great place to learn and to do research such as the research that you are doing into your father-in-law's service. I wish you good fortune in your search but I suggest you move your inquiry to one of our information request sections (either "Information Requests" or Military Service Record & Geneological Research").

Cheers!

3. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Howdy and welcome to the forum. If you take a look at the sections pointed out by DGM, you will find plenty of helpful links and data to start you off. Good luck and glad to have you aboard