Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Wait' to you all get a load of my newest purchase :-D

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by C.Evans, Jan 27, 2010.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi E, yup. i saw an ad in a gun news rag that had a repo listed at $1,400 or $1,500. It is a ripoff but, they are playing on everyones "need' to have a German SMG. If interested? ill go look for that Ad in the news rags-that had them for $269.00-which IMO, is a great price for these ;-)) Ill be headiong back to that store later today after I check on some Tim Conway tickets I want to get for his appearance here in Feb.

Thanks again on the thanks for this piece-i am grinning like a baboon.

2. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

you can own them,but now illegal to purchase/sell blank firers/replica guns/and definately cannot import or buy out of the u.k. carl,you gave to belong to club/re-enacting group to be able to buy,these weapons now...

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ray, sorry I missed this one, where is it posted at? ;-0)

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

That really bites. Is the Govt really that scared of their Citizens? even if you guys have something that can only be used as a Club.

I have an idea though, if all the good UK folks get tired of the nonsence there-move here-we still have plenty of space left :-D

5. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

everytime a serious gun incidence occurs? more legislation pops up,sad but true...

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

hi Ray, that figures. They try to sneak things through here all the time, but fortunately, we have "watchdog groups' watching out for that kind of political BS. Sometimes were successful in keeping things in perspective-such as making sure that stupic law that was passed when slick-willy was in office-that placerd a ban on the manufacture of all assault weapone-for what? 10 years? The prices were driven sky-high-because of it but, thankfully, when the Sunshine clause that was placed in that stupid law--happened-and as i knew they would-prices started to drop-though not as much as they should have.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

One thing I just found out that some sneaky underhanded slimball politicians are trying to force through-is a bill that will keep anytype of firearms out of the hands of ANYONE on an FBI watch list. This also goes for anyone who is falsely listed on that -secret list that the average American Bear-does not and will not have access to.

I can get more and more factual info on this if anyone is interested? Wenches like diane feinstein-have their filthy fingers in this one.

8. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

thanks for posting carls gun pics jeff,very nice...ray..:cool:

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Guys, I just talked with the gent whom im getting this piece from and he has more for sale. His price is $249.99 + S&H. He has a source he is getting these from so, he's not likely to sell out very soon. Also, he has a steady source for life-like Lugers and Walther P-38s too. The Lugers I think are about $69 and the Walthers I think are about $110.00 These are not Japanese made-nor are the MP-40s, all come from their source who is located on the East Coast ;-)) I know from whom and where but was asked not to spill the beans about the guy ;-)) Also, all of these non-guns have moving parts and such and are all made only with metal parts-nothing plastic-cept for the plasticlike materials used to make the grips.

Anyway, if anyone wants one f the more accurate repo MP-40s on the market-they still have some for sale and will be getting a supply o them as long as demand lasts.

Im thinking of getting at least 3 more of these. I did some searching on the internet (using my Bro computer) and found seeral sites selling non-guns like these. However, all of those sites are selling their for higher costs and most of them are selling repo MP-40s that have about half plastic parts in them.. Prices are from about, $269.00-t-almost $400.00.

PS, forgot to mention that I found a good source for repo German Stick Grenades which also have "working parts" and they come in two colors-one with the grey-green sleeve-the other in DAK colors. These I think are listed at about $29.99 each. I wouldn't mind about 12 of these myself ;-))

10. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Just thought I'd post that a nice, deactivated ( but field-strippable ) 'bnz 41' MP40 appeared on a reputable German dealers' website this morning.

It's sold already.

1,600 Euros........

11. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

nice price, and wold have been £2000+, here martin..

12. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

It's amazing how these prices have gone in the last 10-15 years....:eek:

13. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

De-act MP40 prices are going through the roof.

I saw a very clean example at last years Militaria 2009 show, the dealer was asking £2300 for it!

I also saw a nice replica, which was very similar to Carl's, in a shop in Bastogne last year and was priced at 120 euros.

There's also a dealer at one particular militaria show that sells spanish made replicas of WW2 weapons including; Garands, Lugers and Thompson SMGs.

14. Spartanroller

Spartanroller Ace

jagdpanther44 likes this.