Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

War in the middle east

Discussion in 'Non-World War 2 History' started by P5, Jan 12, 2007.

1. P5

P5 Dishonorably Discharged

via TanksinWW2
    There is already war on Iraq and Afghanistan. What do you think that if there will be a huge war on the Middle east in all middle east countries in the future? Israel, USA, UK, FR and any other Nato and UN vs Terrorists ( Al Qaeda) and the Taliban and Middle east nations and the Hezbollah. The war will be on all countries including Israel, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan etc...............

2. sinissa

sinissa New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Dont think that whole EU will folow US military agression on midlle east,and anotther thing US cand aford to loose only islamic ally there Arabia.It was not war against terrorizm,chemichal weapons (Iraq case),nuclear weapon (N. Korea and Iran).

3. Jens Knudsen

Jens Knudsen New Member

via TanksinWW2
    dont forget that Turkey is also a NATO member and thereby allied with USA and most Turks are muslims

4. smeghead phpbb3

smeghead phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    What makes you think that will happen?
    Seriously I'm interested to know...

5. Revere

Revere New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Europe cant or will not fight a war.

6. Grabbers

Grabbers New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Bush might be dumb but hes not stupid! The only way to win a war against a united and allied middle east would be with nuclear weapons and thats just not an option!

7. Revere

Revere New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The Europe & America could win a war using conventianal weapons. The real test comes when they have to occupy the country.

8. smeghead phpbb3

via TanksinWW2
    Thats funny because I recall them doing a hell of alot more fighting than anyone else last century, or indeed any century before that... The World Wars were European wars... Europe itself has been embroiled in war between king's, princelings, and tyrants since before America was even discovered.. So get your facts straight...

They did alot more winning as well :D

Is it just me or does the concept of a United Middle East sound implausible (to say the least!)

Just think about Israel, the Iran-Iraq War, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Golan-Heights etc for a few seconds...

Now try to say "United Middle East" without laughing

9. Jens Knudsen

Jens Knudsen New Member

via TanksinWW2
    and there you have one of the reasons why Europe dont like to fight wars as much as it seem that others are

10. Tom phpbb3

Tom phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I think that scenario has already been planned out and named. IIRC, it's known as "Armegeddon?"

11. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Indeed, "Armageddon" (Megiddo) is in the Middle East, more specifically in Israel...

Revere: "Europe" as such will not fight, indeed. But depending on the degree of their involvement in the area and the extent to which they are lapdogs of the US, some of the countries of Europe might join in a war with any Middle Eastern country.

For the record, Afghanistan is in Central Asia, not the Middle East.

12. Siberian Black

Siberian Black New Member

via TanksinWW2
    It's coming (maybe sooner rather than later). Anyone know where I can get surplus cold war bomb shelters put in?

13. Revere

Revere New Member

via TanksinWW2
    As I ment It would take alot for a European country to go to war

Yes murdering people is such a great thing......

14. Siberian Black

Siberian Black New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I don't think that's what he meant.

Europe had been the centre of not one, but TWO World Wars
    over severla million people were killed in the second alone. That's a hell of a lot of fighting whichever way you look at it.

15. smeghead phpbb3

via TanksinWW2
    Which is why we respectfully post pictures of dead people on the internet...
    http://www.fun-online.sk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5283

There's no need to play "holier than thou" with me... What I'm saying is that people seem to like taking unfair jabs at Europe as being pansies when it comes to war, simply because of the lack of support the EU has shown in regards to Bush's Iraq campaign... Since when did Europeans become chumps? :D There never was any obligation to invade... Nor (it seems) was there any profit in doing so...

Not invading Iraq was (militarily) a very clever thing to do... America bears the expense involved in waging a war while Europe and China are free to make $$$ exporting missile systems to Iran... :kill: Sure it may be immoral and wrong, but don't ever suggest European military ineptitude is lacking...

All I'm saying is show some respect to the guys who conquered America for you to live in :D God knows Cortez could not have done it without European steel and powder...

16. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Once again I'd like to make the startlingly obvious point that EUROPE IS NOT ONE COUNTRY.

Followed by the equally startlingly obvious point that SEVERAL EUROPEAN COUNTRIES DID INVADE AFGHANISTAN & IRAQ ALONG WITH AMERICA.

Why do I make these points here? Because you can't say 'Europe would not do this' or 'Europe would do this' - all you can say is 'France would do this, Britain would do that, etc'

CAPS are there simply to reinforce this point. I have to make it so damn often these days that I get a little fed up of it.

17. Revere

Revere New Member

via TanksinWW2
    How about the Middle-East would they all lock arms to fight the EU?

Q would the EU completely go to war?

P.S.
    If you noticed I warned people before looking at the Picture....

ok, looks to heaven Thanks Cortez :)

18. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    The Middle East...

Well, obviously Israel might well be an exception to that, as might the more 'Liberal' (or just more friendly to the West) nation, such as Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

Historically unity and co-operation within the Middle East has not been great - about the only thing they have ever unified on is declaring war on Israel, and even then not all of them did, and they pulled out of the conflicts seperately, causing much animosity. It would take one heck of a big event to unite the Middle East to fight anybody. Maybe if the EU and the USA suddenly decreed that all Arab nations would now cease to exist and Israel would rule them all, and everybody would be forcibly converted to Judaism and not allowed to leave... But that is not really likely ;)

19. jeaguer

jeaguer New Member

via TanksinWW2

The kingdom of jordan got its hand full existing ,
    they have one third of their population wich are palestinian ,as is the mother of king abbdullah ,
    one of the party in government , last time I checked was " hamas"
    except for their immediat survival they will not attack anybody and if they have to they probably would attack israel , the " evil one " in this part of the world .
    don't forget that during gulf war 1 the coalition against saddam , included syria and specificaly excluded israel who were told to sit on their hands and keep quiet in a corner ,
    in the middle east Israel is not an asset , its a millstone around the west neck

20. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    true jeag ..but the israelis arent going anywhere ,should they be allowed to exist and live in peace?