Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

War Movie Still Photos From All Periods

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by Skipper, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

for Carl, I hope this is what you meant when you requested I posted these pics for you . I'll let you make the comment. If this is not the section you wanted, le tme know I can put them elsewhere.

[​IMG]

2. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Excellent pics, it's a great film (aren't all of Flynn's films?) I always think it goes well with 'They Died With Their Boots On.' Where did you get them from Skipper?

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Cheers Skipper, and thank you for posting these. Your correct and this is what I wanted and was also hoping that these could be permanently placed in the Movies and TV section? I also just found some Burt Lancaster and Paul Scofield pics from: The Train, and will be trying for those as well. There are some great shots in the ones I found.

Thanks much again Skipper-best regards-C.

I never got around to explaining these three Santa Fe Trail movie stills.

Still Nr 1) Had Flynn and Olivis De Havilland in it. Im nort sure who the older gent is?

Still Nr 2) is: Lieutneant Ronald Reagan vieing for Olivia De Havillands effection against (foe) Lieutenant Errol Flynn-who eventually wins her over. Its a damned shame that in real life, Flynn and De Havilland never married. I always thought they would have made for a perfect couple-and might have straigtened out Flynn a bit from his wild partying ways.

Still Nr 3) Lt Reagan is now being told by De Havilland that hes her Nr 2 choice while her Nr 1 choice is standing on the other side of her.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Stefan, I love the film as well-as well as all the other Flynn movies ive seen. I have a few of his boxed DvD sets-which is the only way you can get some of the titles released. Im in the process of looking for more Flynn pics as well as rarer images from movies like: Time Limit, Prisoner of War etc.

These have not arrived on hand yet but should be in in a week or so. Im going to try for some: The Train-pics later this week. Oh and, I have several great shots from: Hell Is For Heroes. One in oparticular-whows James Coburn firing his Flamthrower-and is one of the rarest of rare images you will find from that movie. Another has Fess Parker and a few others all charging towards the camera firing their weapons. Ill try to force-err-ask Skipper to post these when he can>?

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

movie and Tv section. Be my guest, I'll just move the whole thread there

C.Evans likes this.
  6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skipper, and thank you. this section is the pefect section and the one i wanted these to be posted in ;-)) Ill also try to get you some way to see some of the others I have and will soon be getting. i saw a lot of: The Train--shots for sale yesterday-most were great shots with Burt Lancaster-and a couple w/ Paul Scofield.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks to Jeff, he will be making this a sticky and will be adding war movies images from my growing collection and hopefully from others growing collections.

The first image should be my Gregory Peck (Pork Chop Hill) image and hopefully to follow-all three of my Santa Fe Trail images. Many more to come when I get them scanned-sent as well as new ones in.

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

That Unconquered still w/ Gary Cooper and Paulette Goddard-is now mine-all mine-all mine.... :))

9. scarface

scarface Member

So.... when will we be seeing these pics - I'm particularly interested in the Lancaster/Scofield/'The Train' pics, as well as the Coburn/'Hell is for Heroes' shot - he just looked so cool in those wire-rimmed glasses.

-whatever

-Lou

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the pics you asked me to post Carl, I'll let you make the comments.

C.Evans likes this.
  11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I have the Hell is for Heroes pics in a few emails, the The Train pics arent mine yet. However, I might be getting 7 stills from Von Ryans Express, but will not know till about this time tomorrow. Just today I secured a VERY rare item-a still from: Prisoner of War w/ Ronald Wilson Reagan, Steve Forrest and Dewey Martin. I let Skipper know about it too as well as the great shot I have of gary Cooper and Paulette goddard in: Unconquered.

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thank you Skipper, and if you can move these to the sticky thread? that'll be great The first one is of Gary Cooper and Paulette Goddard in the Cecil B. De Mille classic: Unconquered. the next is the Pork Chop Hill pic of Gregory Peck and one of his Platoon Cos. Im trying for more of these that also have in them Woody Strode and a few others. ill try making a bit more commentary on these soon as I get back on.

13. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

The Gary Cooper: Unconquered still is from a scene where he goes to rescue (Goddadr) whom be had bought as an indentured servent and then released only to be wrongfully forced back into De Silvas hands. This scene is just after they were attempting to leave the Tavern where the rescue occurred.

The Pork Chop hill scene is a where Peck had just given orders to one of his Platoon Commmanders to take whats left of hsi PTN to cover his flank while thay await the arrival of "Love Company". The Ptn CO just told him to "send the bill to love company."

14. scarface

scarface Member

After this posting, I watched 'Hell is for Heroes' last night.

I'd forgotten that Coburn get's blown-up while carrying a flame-thrower........

..... that kinda bummed me out.

-whatever

-Lou

15. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

am I assuming correctly you will post these in a nice movie/film album then C ~ ?

great stills and very sharp details

16. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I will move them where you want Carl and also add the others, however which is the "sticky thread" you mean there are a couple in this section?

C.Evans likes this.
  17. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi E, and yep. Im starting to get in some really great ones that are also rare images and are original vintage. The Gary Cooper pic is an extremely hard one to find as is anything like it from Unconquered. Just today I dound 5-7 originals from The Fighting 69th-which is another film that its hard to find stuff from. These feature James Cagney, Alan Hale Sr, Pat O'Brien and Gwinn "Big Boy" Williams. Ill be concentrating my stills hunts for Korean War movies but will still go for anything else thats interesting. Recently I got a fer Hell Is For Heroes stills and press releases and some other great stuff. Collecting these stills is addicting but at least not as expensive as those original WWII German pics.

The Gary Cooper image as well as my Gunga Din movie image, are going to be used to be placed on Tshirts. The Gunga Din image shows Fairbanks jr, V. McLaglen and Cary grant on it and Fairbanks is prdering that Brit gatling Gun to fire and McLaglen is to his left and Grant is behind the gun and not noticable.

18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Cheers Skipper and thanks. Yep the movie images is a sticky that Jeff made out of your original postings of those three Santa Fe Trail pics and you added the Peck Pork Chop Hill pic here as well as the Gary Cooper Unconquered still. If you get the chance? take a look at the newest things in my wins section on Ebay. I won those 7 stills from: Von Ryans Express and am trying for at least 5 from The Fighting 69th w/ James Cagney in them.

In the militaria section-photos forum-Jeff was going to make a sticky thread that I posted for people to place their new photos there so we wouldnt have to go hunting them down all over the forums ;-)0 I dont think hes had time yet to make it a sticky post?

Take care--Carl.

19. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Lou, that Coburn flamthrower image I have isnt mine yet but I have it in an Email sent to me by its soon to be former owner-and he said that if I can get someone to post it here-its OK with him. The image is Coburn firing the flamthrower during that nighttime German raid on their positions. That image is an ultra rare still to get and is costing a bundle. im also thinking of having the image placed on a tshirt as well as my Cooper still and my Gunga Din still. All are great images.

20. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

threads are merged Carl, the next step I'll take is to add the Von Ryan pics. As a matter of coincidence I saw that classic on tv last week.

C.Evans likes this.