Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

We owe to you a lot..

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by Frenchy38, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Frenchy38

Frenchy38 recruit

Just a little post to say : "Thank you." To every man and woman who preserved the liberty of my country during the WWII. Without you I would speak certainly German language today.

You must know that even if our government does not still see things in the same way, the people know you are our best, our bravest. Please always know that even when we don't show it, we love you. We thank you. And we will never forget you and all sacrifices you did for liberty in the world.

God bless veterans , God bless America Nation.

THANKS FROM FRANCE!!;)

Istnick, macrusk, Fgrun83 and 5 others like this.
  2. texson66

texson66 Ace

Thank you! And welcome to the forum!

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Thanks for that, Frenchy. Glad to have you aboard.

4. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

welcome to the forum frenchy,nice polite intro...

5. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

And while your at it give a cheer for koening and the many frenchmen that never gave up the fight. Praise your own countrymen with the same zeal for they suelry deserve no less of your praise.

Slipdigit likes this.
  6. System6ix

System6ix Member

Wonderful intro and a warm welcome to you.

Cheers,
    S6

7. sandy1369

sandy1369 Member

For my Grandfather I say THANK YOU!! I say it too.. that was a very nice post! I am working on the Legion of Honor for my grandfather from France and I hope he gets it..

8. Lancer

Lancer recruit

I registered just to say thanks for that for my Dad and 3 Uncles. All WW2 vets, 2 of which served in the European theater...

9. worldwar2isawesome

worldwar2isawesome Member

God bless to all who fought and died fighting against the Axis. They will forever be heroes, and will never be forgotten. From the American, British, and Soviet soldiers, to the brave men and women that fought in the resistance in Nazi Occupied Europe. They have selflessly risked everything to ensure us the great world we live in today.

BTW, my username simply means I like learning about WW2, like all of you guys, or otherwise you won't be here at this forum. Don't take it the wrong and think I like destruction and suffering.

10. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Bienvenue sur le forum, et je suis sûr que ceux qui ont combattu offrirait un grand You're Welcome. I'm not sure what I just posted (I used a Goggle translator), but in plain old American, from a plain old American, Welcome Frenchy38.

11. ww2cents

ww2cents Member

haha...just checked that book out (Devils Disciples) from the Library.
    is it any good? I started the intro...

12. System6ix

System6ix Member

Oops, sorry... I didn't see your post. I think the book is fantastic! The way it goes into the background and childhood of many of Hitler's key men is quite outstanding. It really gives you a better understanding of these people and why, in part, they turned out the way they did. I also like how it goes into the war, but stays focused on the "characters" and not all the historical facts of each military operation. Needless to say, I'd highly recommend it.

Cheers.

13. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Thanks for the kind words of support, and welcome to the forums! Enjoy yourself, live long, and post often!

14. VictoryatNC

VictoryatNC Member

You're more than welcome and thank you for your country's help during our War of Independance.

15. surfersami

surfersami Member

After living in France and learning your language, getting to know the French people, Je dit merci beaucoup, I found most of the French people very appreciative of the WWII effort by the Allies, even if they didn't agree with current political direction. Bienvenu! Vive la France et les resistances de France Libre!

16. Istnick

Istnick Member

Yep. And anyways, even if France lost early they were protecting they're most beloved city. And the resistance and free french forces fought like demons ;). I give all allies credit myself. And I think France played a part in winning the war too.