Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

westinghouse special helmet liner with deco

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by ARCHANGELDM, Sep 20, 2010.

1. ARCHANGELDM

ARCHANGELDM Dishonorably Discharged

Ok picked this up around 6 years ago on ebay , this is the only 1 i have ever seen , white with stencil of racing flags on the liner.
    Does anybody know anything about it or seen another like it. Also of its value, its a ww2 liner as it has the hole at the front so im guessing it was liner that was created to be maybe the model that was shown to the us army before they ordered them to make the liners ??? so like a test pilot liner:eek:

Attached Files:

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

or a recycled WWII helmet just after the war with white liner and a repainted lid. A nice helmet to say the least and to be left as such.

ARCHANGELDM likes this.
  3. ARCHANGELDM

Its actually just the liner i also believe that westinghouse made tyres so thats why im guessing the racing flags, the stencil is old and definatley not a new one. Whats your opinion sniper have u ever seen one of these

4. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

more inclined to think postwar, painted M1 liner, I have seen many liners painted, but not anything similar to yours dean..

5. ARCHANGELDM

So would u say that it was a rare piece sniper :)

6. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

not at all dean, never the complete paint, and most liners I've seen, only the outside is painted..