Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What do you guys think of this???

Discussion in 'Atomic Bombs In the Pacific' started by ickysdad, Sep 3, 2012.

1. ickysdad

ickysdad Member

2. steverodgers801

steverodgers801 Member

I would ask what obligation did America have to supply Japan with oil so it could keep fighting in China. Of course Japan had already been fighting since 1932 and there fore since it was at war already we did not provoke Japan. Also what of the Japanese refusal to apologize for the killings of Chinese civilians like at Nanking where an estimated 100,000 died in 7 days.

3. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

This arguement should have been put to bed many decades ago...from memory 80 000 died as a direct result of the blast and 200 000 overall (died later) - Errol seems to forget that the bomb actually saved 4 million Japanes civilians...minus 200k that makes a "life" bomb, saving 3 million 800 thousand Japanese...People read one left or right wing book then go heralding the "news"...There is NO doubt the bomb was good for EVERYONE...No country should have to apologise for defending itself from an agressor...(i remember once a bloke picked a fight with me...he was wearing a cast on his arm...He wanted me to fight with one arm! I said, mate you started this, i'll defend myself anyway i see fit...i then proceeded to flog him. :)