Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What Games Do You Play...

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by Mussolini, Nov 21, 2006.

1. JTF-2

JTF-2 Member

That is a kick asss game!!! I play it every day! I see a divorce comming soon

2. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

CONSOLE/PC: PC
    Games Currently Playing: World War II Online Battleground Europe

The game is slowly consuming me. Trying to level up so i can be a sapper. Just might have to play as the Allies for a little bit (they're always outnumbered) and camp out in a spot to get kills. Lots of fun playing as the Germans right now though - joined a great squad! KVD!

3. tbomber

tbomber Member

hey thats great to hear - whats your ingame name?

mines the same - TBoMBeR - also, if you havent discovered this yet, BE has a stat page so you can check all sorts of things about yourself and other players (who you've killed, how many caps you have, kills, top 100 rankings, etc.)

http://csr.wwiionline.com/scripts/services/index.jsp

4. Mussolini

Yeah, i'm finding it pretty fun. Played as both sides. Funny story:

So as Axis i havent killed more then 2 people per-life, while the 20 mins i played as the French, i died 2-times. My third life, i managed to get to a FB we were attacking, and i ran right up to the tents. I killed 7 - yes, SEVEN - German Infantry Units before we destroyed the FB and i got a ride on a truck so i could RTB. Leveled up immediately from that!

Sadly, as a Rifleman, i cant kill tanks. Later, the time had turned to Night in Game Time, i was doing a little recon as a Brit i think and was being driven back in a Bedder when it got hit by a tank. I hopped out and snuck around. Two Axis Tanks had taken up position next to eachother right next to a ridge. I got close enough to see the Tank Commanders sticking out of turret. I could have touched the tanks! Almost died though, because i was using ridge and behind me was open ground. Another tank rolled up and stopped in middle of field, but didnt see me. By this time (i had been sitting with the tanks for a min or two - they were firing on town) a Sapper finally arrived but had to kill tank in field first. The remaining tanks - one pulled a 180 and headed back via road, completely oblivious, and the other one accidentally managed to run over Sapper.

But yeah, i am with KVD now and play as the Germans. I actually single-handedly captured Bresken from the allies! I hoped on a plane with 2 squad mates, and it landed us behind the city. We had Navy Support and Air Support. We quietly snuck into the city, using bushes for cover. Made our way to south CP as it was spawnable. One team mate got killed as we entered, but me and our CO made it in. I capped the CP but my CO got killed, and then i killed 2 Brits. I died, but not until Inf started Spawning in. In a matter of minutes, with Axis Inf running all over the place, Bresken fell! Woot Woot! I got a promotion in KVD due to that! (i had only joined about an hour before).

So yeah. I need 50 pts to get to lvl 3 (and hopefully the use of Sapper). Rifleman kinda sucks when you cant kill Armor. Or use Binocullors.

PS: I forgot, my handle is LRDGRat.

5. JipThePeople

JipThePeople Member

Memoir 44, Regular/Old Version AH Squad Leader, Axis & Allies Europe. Since I am on a computer ~10-12 hrs a day, I enjoy traditional board games.

6. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I haven't done any gaming in a couple years now. On the suggestion of WWIIF Rogue Mussolini I just got a copy of HOI II Doomsday, and we plan to takeover the world together. I also have a couple of Axis & Allies games lined up against Peppy. I've heard good things about Memoir '44 and Squad Leader, and wanted to play both, but don't really have anyone to play with close by. Maybe I'll take an add out in the paper. ;)

7. uksubs

uksubs Member

Hidden & Dangerous is a great WW2 game & you can download it for Free :eek:
    set in WW2 you play as British SAS soilders ;)

A great MP game is Enemy territory & that free to ;)
    Days of Defeat is great fun to

8. Richard

Richard Expert

Update

Silent Hunter 3 & 4, Panzer General 2 & 3. The free shrapnel games based on the old dos Steel Panthers 1-3.

9. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

How is PG III? I have PG II and love it but did not know if III was worth the $$. Does not seem to offer anything more than better 3D graphics. But I could be wrong.

I have been recently playing Blitzkrieg. I also have the expansion Blitzkrieg Barbarossa but have not played that yet. Oldies but I think goodies.

10. Mussolini

Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday (AKA The New Roman Empire Thread) has been by #1 game recently. Also, WWII Online. And on the XBOX 360 - NCAA 2009 Football.

11. Richard

Richard Expert

It's not bad as you got nice 3D maps but you are limited to few units unlike PG2, just to add I bought it cheap.

I will put up some screen shots up for you latter on.

12. Richard

Richard Expert

Her you go
    PZ3 Scorched Earth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Joe

Joe Ace

PC!!!!
    company of heroes!, Sim city 4 (I love sim city!), Battlestaitions Midway (cool), Superpower 2 (for the joy of making Denmark a superpower), Rise of Nations (Age up quickly to crush Knights with Nukes!)
    I don't play multiplayer mutch exept on CoH. PS- When I play Bf2, my stats don't save. It still says I havent played a game yet, but I have! help!

PSS-It's my Birthday today!!!!

14. JKilts

JKilts Member

PC/Console: PC
    Games Currently Playing: Medal of Honor Allied Assault (and Spearhead and Breakthrough), Medal of Honor Pacific Assault, Secret Weapons Over Normandy
    Play MP/PBEM: Medal of Honor Allied Assault (and Spearhead and Breakthrough)
    Looking for Multi-player/PBEM:

PC/Console: PS2 (and PS1)
    Games Currently Playing: Medal of Honor Frontline, Medal of Honor, Medal of Honor Rising Sun, Medal of Honor European Assault
    Play MP/PBEM:

PC/Console: Wii
    Games Currently Playing: Medal of Honor Vanguard
    Play MP/PBEM:

15. Mussolini

I used to play MOH until i found Call of Duty. I suggest getting COD + UO (for like $20 or less). For the PC of course. Great online play - COD 2 also - and you'll find a few of us on the servers.

If you're looking for a great MP WWII FPS Game, then check out Red Orchestra. Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Another game the Clan is a part of. Or if you have $12 a month to spare, google World War II Online: Battleground Europe.

16. JKilts

JKilts Member

I played Red Orchestra at my friend's house. It was really good, I'll probably get it as soon as I get a more consistent internet.
    I really stick to Medal of Honor because it was the first video game I ever played and it's what got me into WWII in the first place. When I play it I get ideas for my movies, like in Rising Sun, when the German (in his underwear) blows your cover at a meeting when you're wearing his uniform, and then the British SAS agent jumps through the skylight and machine guns everyone then throws you a mchine gun- that is the kind of thing I play games for.
    I also got into contact with some of Medal of Honor's staff, so it kind of makes me want to stay loyal to it; sounds wierd, I know, but they'e seen and like my movies, Call of Duty isn't as friendly. Maybe Medal of Honor is more accepting of my movies because it was created by Steven Spielberg, and they didn't care when I used their music in it. So I guess it's more of a personal reason that I play Medal of Honor. If I was more of a gamer though, I'm sure I'd be into Call of Duty just as much.

17. Lazy-Army

Lazy-Army Member

I'll play any WWII game in general but I'd normally play, Call of Duty 3-4 on the Xbox360:D

18. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Just bought Rome Total War and the Expansion Barbarian Invasion. I also bought Panzers Code One but it will not work on my laptop due to Vista. I need to download the patch and hopefully be able to play it tomorrow.

I HATE VISTA!:stabfrenzy:

Joe likes this.
  19. Lazy-Army

Lazy-Army Member

Ok, I'll play the Computer for Warcraft and Online-Gaming.

Xbox360:

But I've gotten adicted to Guitar Hero3 It's very fun.

Plus I'm already addicted to Call of Duty 3-4 and Halo 3.

20. ghost_of_war

ghost_of_war Member

PC:

Call Of Duty 2
    Call Of Duty 4
    Company Of Heroes w/Opposing Fronts expansion pack
    Medieval Total War 2 w/Kingdoms expansion pack
    Making History: The Calm & The Storm

Just finished single player:

Brothers In Arms: Road To Hill 30 (better late than never)
    Medal Of Honor: Airborne