Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What I got for Christmas this year

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by JJWilson, Dec 26, 2017.

1. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone! I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas and or peaceful non-religious Monday :). I got quite a few gifts yesterday from my parents and lovely Grandmother, a lot of them having to do with WW2.
    • I received 3 more model aircraft to add to my already expansive collection (P-43 Lancer, P-63 Kingcobra, and C-46 Commando) I have yet to paint and put them together (That's tomorrow's project)
    • I got two books, The Visual Enyclopedia to Uniforms of WW2, and The Forgotten soldier by Guy Sajer
    • I also received a couple of movies my Grandmother found in her attic that belonged to my Grandfather (Most of them 40's WW2 movies)
    • I also was gifted a Miss America and Czech Mate Reno air racing shirt to bring my total up to 15
    I'm going to be doing some shopping myself to get 1 or 2 more models, and 1 or 2 more books in the next few days.

Half Track and TIRDAD like this.
  2. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Nice haul. Always enjoyed Sajer's memoir. Just be weary that it has many holes in the story. Take it for what it is, a good story and glimpse into life on the Ostfront.

JJWilson likes this.
  3. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Yeah, as my late Grandfather put it I'm one "Spoiled SOB" He usually said that in a funny/ kidding manner........usually. I've been wanting to read Guy's story for a while, I'll let you guys know what I think of it!

TIRDAD likes this.
  4. TIRDAD

TIRDAD Active Member

Hi.

Same here ...

That's Really good.

JJWilson likes this.