Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What is your favorite WWII TV series Theme?

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by Falcon Jun, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Falcon Jun

Falcon Jun Ace

I think all of us who have seen Combat when we were kids did that. We used to make mock skirmishes when class was out, one side shouting "take cover!" Others crying "Amerkaner" and all, at the top of their voices, saying "bang bang" and "ratatatatat!"

2. Hansloch

Hansloch recruit

For me it is COMBAT!

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Speaking of tales of the Gold monkey, its now out on DvD and I was going top pick it up this month but-militaria got in the way ;-))

4. Richard

Richard Expert

5. deepunirwan

deepunirwan recruit

My favorite TV show are :-
    1 Grey's Anatomy
    2 Man Vs Wild
    3 Extreme Engineering
    4 Tom & Jerry
    5 Simpson

6. Dauntless

Dauntless Member

At my military school, late 1970's, the band would start playing the theme from Hogan's Heroes during a football game. We would turn our hats backwards, stand up, goose step on the bleachers with the nazi salute. Yeah, I know-immature and tasteless, but it often intimidated our opponents.

Anyway, a minute later, the band would start playing a Budweiser jingle that was very popular at the time. We would do the same thing, then end the jingle with their slogan "When you say BUDWEISER, You said it all". Then, we would sit down.

We were a rowdy bunch. The school caught grief because of a stunt during a game. A player on the other team went down with a knee injury. The bugler got up and started playing taps.

7. R. Evans

R. Evans Member

Got to be Hogan's Heroes for me. What's great about that theme is that in no way does it say that the show is a comedy.

[video=youtube;2UnB-9tIZAo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UnB-9tIZAo&feature=related[/video]

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Great theme it is BUT, the Pilot episode theme is better ;-)) Also, gimme the season 1 these to Daniel Boone as well as among my all-time top favorites.

9. R. Evans

R. Evans Member

Daniel Boone was also a good one but I thought this was limited to just WW2 series?

If we go all time, I'd have to add Hawaii Five-O and Mission: Impossible to the list. Also the jingle that opens up the American version of The Office is quite catchy.

C.Evans likes this.
  10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi R, your correct. I wasnt paying attention ;-)) Left you all my reps for the spotting.

R. Evans likes this.
  11. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

The theme song for Dad's Army..."So who do you think, you are kidding Mr Hitler? If you think ol' Englands done."

12. R. Evans

R. Evans Member

No problem C. Us Evans' have to stick together. Related or not.:cool:

13. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

:salute:

Hers a short, true and funny story. We were attending a football game between the Tx A&I team and one from Oklahoma. One of the better players on the Javs was a guy with our last name. Some people sitting behind us had a Program and had the Hoggies listed on it including Evans. Well, just then Evans scored a touchdown and the announced just finished saying something about him. Well, the lady from behind us knowing our last name asked: "IS he related to you? (us)" We all had a great laugh and my dad said: "No relation-THAT Evans is a black guy from Georgia or somewhere?" That lady apoligised for her mistake but we all had a good laugh from it. BTW, that guy was a hometown favorite in my hometown. I met the guy when my Dad offered to take he and a few teammates to Bakers Steakhouse on 6th Street-after one of the games we watched. They guy took him up on the offer and we went to Bakers one Saturday night, alll of us Evans and Johnson Clans-and 6 A&I football players. My Day told him that story of the lady asking if we were related or not? and he laughed his _$$ off. I dont know if he ever went pro or not? Last thing I remembered was that he wanted to go to Annapolis.

14. R. Evans

R. Evans Member

My father and I didn't have anything like that but we do have Bob Evans' Restaurant to contend with along with that same chain selling sausage and whatnot at just about every supermarket around here. I don't think they have made it to Texas.

Anyway, my father and I are both Roberts and go by Bob. He always got the biggest kick in eating at those places and conning the waitresses into thinking he was a long, lost son of the original Bob Evans.:D A couple of times it worked so well that they were going to give out meals at no charge but he always let them off the hook and wouldn't take the freebies. Just laughed his butt off!

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

See what I mean?:D

15. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, great story. I assume they are a BBQ eatery? Anyway, the product looks good ;-))

BTW, my favorite Cousin who recently passed away--was also a Robert Evans and went by: Bobby. ;-))

16. R. Evans

R. Evans Member

Well they have BBQ dishes but it's more like country cooking. Country fried steak and gravy, mashed potatoes and that sort of thing. More like a higher end Denny's.

C.Evans likes this.
  17. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, if they come to my neck of the woods? Ill be more than happy to test the chef making MY Chicken Fried Steaks :yum: Sounds kinds like Cheddars-they have the same kind of cooking and next time I go to one, im going to order their Shephards Pie-which I saw someone order when I last ate at one but unfortunately, I was already stuffed from eating 1/4th a portion of their Cheddar Cheese Fries which came with pieces of bacon and ranch dipping sauce :yum::yum: Those fires BTW, were absolutely perfectly cooked. Had a crunch to the outside-perfect insides. Mmmmmmmmm, Cheddarsss........

18. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Let's put an end to this once and for all, and step away from chain store eateries. The theme for "Victory at Sea" by Richard Rogers is it, once you hear it you know what is coming next. Please stay on track boys and girls.

19. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, sorry ;-)) Now for WWII Doc series like the above, I cant recall the name of it but this one played the Soviet song: Sacred War, as its theme. I CANT recall if this series might have been called: The Eagle and the Bear? but I dont think that is the correct name?

20. R. Evans

R. Evans Member

Sorry about that.:eek: