Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What the heck is this vehicle?

Discussion in 'Armor and Armored Fighting Vehicles' started by Walter_Sobchak, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Member

I was watching some documentary on German Panzerjager and Stugs when I noticed a vehicle that I did not recognize. At first glance I thought it was an Italian Semovente in German service, but I don't thank that's what it is. You can see the suspension of the vehicle as it goes by, and it looks like the suspension from a Panzer 35. However, I am not aware that the Germans ever made a stug or self propelled gun out of that chassis. The vehicle appears in the very last minute of this youtube clip WORLD WAR 2 TANKS! Part 5 / 12, Panzerjaeger - YouTube I also did some screen grabs and added them as attachments. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Attached Files:

2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Member

3. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

A tank killa!

4. leccy1

leccy1 Member

Not really, I have seen numerous documentary films about the Battle of France in 1940 where they show T26's, BT series and T34's roaring over the plains. The odd M4 Sherman even shows up along with a Tiger or two.

I was reading a book a while ago and it had a photo of a Tiger knocked out in Tunisia, unfortunately it was a Panzer III with long 50mm and schurzen.

For some researchers if it looks vaguely right it will do.

5. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Fred: Get me some armor footage.

Intern: Tanks?

Fred: You're welcome, now get that footage.