Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What's going on in the US?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Sniper, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Yeah, this is a very tame forum and so the only one i post on, all the others seem to be full of people who are too emotional about things and most topics just break down into personal insults. It can be very annoying. The only down side of this forum is that the turnover can be slow at times.

2. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

If you want me to post my source-all you have to do is ask Crazy...
    THE DAILY TELEGRAPH

3. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

You're right, guys - I'll stick to WWII. It's much less complicated.

After my 'fascist paranoia' posting, I spent 30 minutes ( my brain's too slow to do it in 30 seconds ) looking up everything I could find on the 'net about Wood Green - and every item confirmed all the points I'd quoted.

But wait - 'they' run the internet ! Those IRA cells years ago were almost impossible to trace - but the IRA never existed ! It was them all the time ! That Brighton bombing - a masterstroke - it was them blowing themselves up to make it look like the 'IRA' - it was all in the cause of grinding the faces of the workers beneath the iron heel of capitalism ! :D

Hmmmmm...but maybe that sounds like paranoia too.... :( :(

4. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

What i find odd is that initially, none of the Americans here knew about this, Carl only hearing it on Friday. This was first run here several months ago. Does your news not report these things.

5. Doc Raider

Doc Raider Member

Agreed - I listen to news radio every morning, and check either CNN or BBC at work on lunch every day. This really is the only time I've heard of this here in the US (January 14th). Guess I should stick to BBC instead of CNN.

6. charlie don't surf

charlie don't surf Member

CNN, Doc- stay off of that channel! I'm telling you for your own good. :D

Best regards/ Daniel

7. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

Ooops.. sry, didn't notice the double post...

[ 14. January 2003, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: CrazyD ]

8. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

Carl, I fully agree that WW2 is far more interesting to discuss than current events. Yet, I would just think that if you are going to post on a topic like this, one that is clearly a bash on the US/US policy. I would just think that you would at least try and get what you are saying right.
    How do you know how you feel about it if you don't even know the story? Obviously you either mis-heard the radio broadcast or mis-understood it. 30 seconds would have clarified it. Or maybe 30 minutes, as Martin actually took the time to look up the facts ;) .

My issue here goes right along with people posting blatant neo-nazi sites as "sources" for WW2 material (which some of us don't even notice after looking at the site). I would think people would look out for something like that, but it took the DAILY TELEGRAPH and another complaint before the content of one site was even looked at by the person who posted it!

I was under the impression that, be it WW2 or the occasional current events topic, people here were at least somewhat concerned about getting the real story. But apparently some of us just throw out anything we read. Or hear on the radio.
    Sorry- I guess my standards are just too high.

{later}To clarify... I would certainly not expect everyone to exhaustively research every single post. And in a theoretical discussion, no sources would necessarily be required. My issue is with the basic effort. I DO think we should go to enough trouble at least to attempt not to post completely unfounded, biased, or offensive information without some sort of acknowledgement. In a theoretical sense, even a neo-nazi site would be fair to examine- so long as people were warned beforehand about the content. Are these standards too high?
    (Careful if you actually answer this question... check your recent posts first!)
    {later finished}

In an interesting related story, researchers are just now learning more about the Japanese takeover of Alcatraz Island during WW2. Seems a whole battlaion of Japanese elite paratroopers took over Alcatraz in a daring commando raid in 1943.
    I heard it on the radio...

[ 14. January 2003, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: CrazyD ]

9. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Hey! You'd better not kid about that...My sources tell me they are already here and among us and have cut deals with the US Government. Source: The Robots Rebellion and The Thruth Will Set You Free by David Icke. Damn, I will not go out un-resourced!

AND the NWO already owns us anyway! :(

:D (or should I lay off the beer?)

10. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

:D :D :D :D

Kidding? Gosh, Stevin, this helpful gent named Orson Wells warned all of us about the whole thing... I'm worried!

Heh... see my edit above about not over- sourcing... Boy, I'm a pain, huh?

Editors... can't live with 'em, can't write for sh*t without 'em... ;)

btw...
    ;) Knight, any input on the aliens among us line? ;)
    (you know I couldn't resist that one!)

11. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Remember about my little town of G. Pass ? Yes in older posts. We sit on an old Platonic sphere as many of the Alien new agers believe. Aliens ? wha......they've been here since 1963. what's your point ? Guess it depends on entirely where you live.
    don't you think even if posting "that I heard it on the radio" would allow us all to check on the sources for ourselves without going sky high and blowing ourselves out ? I think some of us including myself at times just get too intense.
    Think it's almost time for a glass of Dr. Wagner Ockfener Bockstein Spätlese.... ;) Rülps ! Ooops not before work !

E

12. Stevin

Stevin Ace

But Erich....They look just like people!

Hehehehehehehe...

This Alien stories always crack me up....I would tell you WHY, but I am afraid of any fragile reputation I might have on these forums....

13. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Well after knowing about the 3 communes here since the 1960's and still having about 2 dozen white robers walking the streets, I feel that our little town of 26,000 is quite unique......NOT ! ;) :D I think we have to be in essence a little kooky on these forums otherwise we would be in a continual form of depression.

E

14. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

Erich, if we are repeating something we heard on the radio about a potentially sensitive topic , you think it is too much effort to verify said story? Again, it took me 30 seconds to a minute to look up the real story on this middle-eastern men thing. Not half an hour, not even five minutes. A quick google search, and the second result worked fine. If that's too much effort for someone, again on a potentially sensitive topic , then again, I guess my standards are too high.

Do you tihnk we should check web sources at all, or simply believe them at face value?

I think we should also keep in mind here what started this instance-this thread. Started with a perfectly reasonable question from sniper- followed by a comparison of US policy to that of the Nazis (even if Panzerknacker missed that one). Then we get one person from the US "confirming" said story, a couple more people ranting about how horrible the US is, then ANOTHER person from the US confirming the story.

A story about all men from one ethnic group having to "register with the authorities".

So let me get this straight- people don't think it is reasonable to expect nonsense like that to be corrected?

This is not about current events, not about the US, not about WW2- this is about studying history and showing some concern for the truth. Personally, I don't ONLY apply this to WW2, but to all my studies, and I think anyone who does not easily qualifies for the dictionary definition of ignorance- 1. the condition or quality of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, education, etc. 2. unawareness (of)

But hey, if you want, be blissful! ;)

15. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

In an interesting related story, researchers are just now learning more about the Japanese takeover of Alcatraz Island during WW2. Seems a whole battlaion of Japanese elite paratroopers took over Alcatraz in a daring commando raid in 1943.
    I heard it on the radio...

I have some pics of the operation too...
    The 3rd droppingonem regt under the command of LT. jumpingonto, were tasked with landing gliders on the main exercised area within tht external compound.

The troops involved...120, all English speaking, ex American university cooks were selected for their knowledge of prison food. As it was decided at an early stage of the planning to infiltrate the prison with bona fide employees as cooks.

This was thwarted inadvertantly by the American policy on interring Japanese males of certain ages in some of the normal prisons in the States.

While in training under San Fransico bridge, 27 Japanese were rounded up without any questions being asked at the time as to why they were wearing British 8th army uniforms...

They were incarcarated in Alcatraz and immediately volunteered for BBQ cook duties in the main compound where the gliders were due to land..Ill scan a pic in when I get me scanner working....

The rest of the force carried on with their flight training on mainland USA, under the guise of being part of a new USA secret unit being raised to supply troops overseas with freshly cooked Chinese food, the commanders at the Alabahma school accepted this ruse and even assisted in painting the 2 gliders to be used with the supposed units new colours....a dragon painted on both fuselages entwined around a cooked chicken with the wording of the proposed units motto....winged chicken thru thick and thin...

The mission was actually launched earlier than planned due to the Japanese high command fearing the men taken to Alcatraz would talk. Which they in fact did raising many contracts for fast chicken outlets at the end of the war.

The gliders and transport planes...tugs were, 2 bombers left behind by Doolittle on the famous raid that carried his name.

Apparantly these two aircraft never made it to the carriers for transport to Japanese waters due to the 2 crews contacting food poison the night before the raid...apparantly dining on chinese chicken wings but this has always been deemed to be a conspiracy theory story that we will leave here as we dwell only on the facts in this story..

The gliders were wacos, well they had to be if you think about it...

On the morning of the raid both sets of aircraft took off from Alabahmas main flight school, ostensibly for a training mission to deliver pipiing hot chicken to the 43rd Alabahma national guard chefs waiting to feed the 2nd Georgia officers training school who had been on exercise overntight.

The commander of the school never thought to question why all the cooks were dressed in black, carrying old British bren guns and wearing a red sun on white kneckerchief around their throats..

No chickens were to be seen on this mission although the story goes, the gliders were found to be fowl smelling once the troops were informed of their target which had been kept secret from them until in flight.

After many days of flying from US base to base they reached Canada, where on recalibration of compasses the mission was on its way...

Navajho Indians were emplaned in Canada or rather kidnapped by Japanese soldier, Private werewego on his explaining to his LT. that he had read books stating this group were good trackers.

At 12:00 GMT, the gliders were released, silently they circled Alcatraz expecting the tower guards to open up at any moment due to the mission being enacted in broad daylight...

No shots came..One glider overflew the island and smashed into the sea..there were no survivors...

The other managed to smash into the prisoners exercise yard losing both wing in the process..Nose tip dug into the yard and gleder ended its run upside down against main wall..

All troops were temporarily concussed, but woke one by one in a matter of minutes..there were a few dead but the majority of the 32 survivors de emplaned....rushing into the exercise area firing their brens at towers and walls, plastic explosive placed against all gates and doorways, unbeleiveably no opposition no retrun fire...soon thought SGT.Whymyere we would be in charge of this place, and we would be able to take out the Dolphin explosive training school that was hidden on the island...

The Japanese could not believe their luck according to interviews taken after the battle...

They had secured the prison and its defences within just 30 minutes...

But to their surprise there were no guards, no welcoming committee, no prisoners even...

A search of the island also produced no Dolphin explosive school, they had been fooled by American intelligence feeding incorrect information to the Japanes when a carrier pigeon had been shot down with dissinformation attached over Tokyo in December 1941..

In fact the school was based at Fort Knox which had at the beginning of the war constructed a massive swimming pool in the basement area..

But this was a secret at the time and not many Americans know of this school, and the papers relating to it are not covered by any recent freedom on information act and may never be seen..

But back to our Japanes friends on Alcatraz...

They were rounded up in total despair later in the evening when all prisoners retruned with guards and warden after their picnic orginised by some smiling Japanes prisoners, who had managed to persuade the warden that the prisoners should be allowed to help the war effort by providing mainland troops with fried chicken sandwiches as the troops awaited on quays to be shipped out to their foreign details..

This story has never been admitted by the US government, and the sudden rise in Chinese Chicken fast food outlets in the San Fransico Bay area in 1946 has never been fully explained.

It is known though that major works were carried out by contractors sworn to secrecy in the days after...Those guard towers might look the genuine article...but ill scan some pics in ...especially for Martin...before and after sort of thing..

16. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

:D :D

And then there are some things that leave even the best editor stumped...

17. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Crazy--I KNOW how I feel about it as in a way it does have a direct relation to the Internment of the Japanese-Americans in ww2. I dint like that but--as I was born in 1967--is definately impossible for me to have done anything about it.

Not doing research on whats going on now doesnt necessarily disqualify me of being able to think--does it?

18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

PS--I do not pay any attention to Neo-nazi sites--I simply block them and ignore them. if I happen to stumble onto one by accident--I immediately leave the site and block it out. I do not support racist sites one iota. :cool:

19. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Crazy :

But the after effect caused you to do your own web-and book search did it not ? ! and that is my point. Many posts are made and are not backed up with hard truthful evidence. In times like these it's a bit of fun to take upon oneself to learn and check it out for themselves......

E

20. Stevin

Stevin Ace

HAHAHAHAHA!

ROFL @ Urgh!

This is the most believable and researched post I have read in a LONG time!

Can't wait for the pics!

Keep this obscure and repressed tidbits of WW2 coming!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!