Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Whats your latest War Movie/TV Series and or Documentary on DvD; that you made?

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by C.Evans, Aug 26, 2008.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Since there are quite a few people on here who have good collections of war movies, TV series and Documentaries on DvD, I was wondering what your latest purchase(s) were?

Today I just ordered the more expensive version of: The Magnificant Bastards-which is now out on DvD.

Also, though a Western, I consider this a War Movie because it does take place during the U.S. Civil War. This movie is: Escape From Fort Bravo w/ William Holden as a U.S. Army Captain, Williams, Demmarest & Campbell as Confederate Prisoners, John Forsythe as a Confederate Officer/Prisoner as well as Howard McNair (best known for his role as: Floyd, the Barber, on The Andy Griffith Show) as a Confederate sympathiser/operative.

2. krieg

krieg Ace

my latest documentrys are parts1 and .2. of ,battle line
    quight good if i must say
    cheers krieg

3. Philscout

Philscout Member

Frank Sinatra's first directorial role - "None But the Brave" on DVD widescreen :thumbup:

Philip

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Battleline is an excellent Doc series. I have it all on tape but will buy the DvDs sometime in the future.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Great film. I picked this up when W-M had about 10 Sinatra movies on display.

Today I just ordered (Sinatra & Dean Martin) in Sergeants Three, as well as (Sinatra & Steve McQueen) in Never So Few. BTW, Never So Few also has Charles Buchinski in it (aka) Chas Bronson.

6. Lias_Co_Pilot

Lias_Co_Pilot Member

I have a screenplay that I badly want to turn into a movie, but I love the story so much that there is no way I'd sell it and let someone ruin it with changes.

It's about a present day guy who accidentally travels back in time. He finds himself in Hawaii ten days before the attack. He doesn't know how he got there, and has no clue how he's going to get back to today, so he starts weighing his options.

He knows the attack is coming. He wants to do something, but he's afraid of how he's going to be perceived-spy? war monger?

Before he can formulate a plan, he meets a very beautiful woman and falls madly, head over heels in love. He starts thinking that being stuck in 1941 ain't half bad. Then, the night before the attack, just after he proposes to her, she lets him in on a very unexpected secret.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

This certainly sounds like it would first, make for a great read. After the success of your book (hint hint) then maybe some good Director such as: Tom Hanks, Mel Gibson, Clint Eastwood or Ron Howard, could "pick-it-up" and "run-with-it."

I'd buy the book, and also go see it at the Bijou.

8. Lias_Co_Pilot

Lias_Co_Pilot Member

Thanks C.Evans. Not enough material for a book (I talked to a publisher once-the trouble isn't worth it). Screenplay, the movie would depend on visuals and music performances (an important part of the story would center around the battle of the bands the night before the Pearl Harbor attack).

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Lias, your welcome. And a suggestion as it were but, how about expanding the story? If you already have some good material-just add in more characters and situations ;-))