Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Whats Your Money On?

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by blacksnake, Apr 4, 2009.

1. blacksnake

blacksnake Member

It's the day of the Grand National today. So seeing how it takes place in my home city of Liverpool I thought I'd ask the Forum their views, not only on the betting side of the event, but also on the issue of weather the race should take place at all?

Although I in no way condone cruelty to animals, my opinion is slightly bias in the fact that it is a very lucrative sporting event that generates revenue for the city I live in.

So, what is your money on?

2. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Havent decided yet...but how could it not be held...The times I've walked those fences in the past...

Aintree without the National...they took the biscuit factory they cant take the National.

3. blacksnake

blacksnake Member

LOL... Crackers just aint crackers anymore.

I'm no "tipster" but theses are the no-hoper nags I've gone for:

To win :confused: - My Will & State of Play

EW :2Xpray: - Butler's Cabin, Can't Buy Time, Comply or Die & Irish Invader.

BTW, I can not be held responsible for any fortunes squandered on above horses. (But a % shall be payable on any winnings):dance3:

4. urqh

100 to one....And the favourite was at 8 to 1 midweek...

Shows you, they got a cheek with fixed prices before National.

5. 4th wilts

4th wilts Member

tenner on comply or die,the nag come 2nd,cheers.

6. AndyPants

AndyPants Ace

ah, i didnt bother to bet, because i never win, but as usual, me mum got 2nd and 3rd.....i don't know how she does it, she doesnt even follow horses! (she usualy manages to pick 1st .....so she must be having a "bad day" of it ;)

7. urqh

My mum still lives in Liverpool...and like yours...she used to follow horses..but with a bucket and shovel...Bet she would have made a fortune at Aintree..

Good for the roses apparantly.

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Gosh it took me about 5 minutes to find out you were talking about betting on horses. It's just like the national lottery, many pay, some win and the state gets the money whatever happens .

9. urqh

But Skip....the excitement of the National is a one off...Its special...Emotional is probably the word.

10. blacksnake

blacksnake Member

Well...I started this thread, so I might as well show me face...:eek:
    As well as not being a tipster, I'm not a gambler either...Good job really:rolleyes: Them 2 I had to win, placed 3rd & 4th...(Yeah, I know) Oh! It gets better...The wife's Gran dad had the same 2 nags on an Each Way bet :pipesmoke:...Don't let go yet because it gets even better...Due to Grand Pops frail old age it was muggins here who put the bet on for him :bucky: And just as the laughter subsides...It's pointed out that it will be soft lad who goes to collect his £127 winnings. :headbash::circlejerk:

Small console... Comply or Die placed 2nd (but that was the wife's horse). Can't Buy Time was substituted by that Donkey from the "Bukaroo" game...Irish I'vader was pulling our cheers until "My Little Pony" syndrome kicked in.

Finally...It was saddening to see, that after the race, the green tent was on the course...RIP Butler's Cabin :deadhorse:

It's like F1, we all like to see a good crash...But nobody wants to see anyone get hurt.

11. urqh

127 quid to collect from the bookies in Liverpool.....Take a mate....mate.

In fact push the old bugger down and get him to buy the bloody pints.

12. blacksnake

blacksnake Member

LOL...No need for that Urqh old chap...It's all in the swagger you see...You walk like you're the meanest Mo Fo in the valley. :muscleman:Enter the bookies like it's a wild west saloon...Collect the 'loot'....Then....Run like the wind screaming like a little girly all the way home!!!:panic:

BTW: Bad intel Re: Butler's Cabin, he actually finished in 7th :rolleyes:....Sorry if I upset any 'Libs', but rest assured the Nag is having an (undeserved) lazy Sunday afternoon.