Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Where in the world is sniper1946?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Poppy, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Listed as 5th all time poster. Has not posted since Jan 20/11. Something must have really pissed him off. Know there were some peeps here who weren't too happy he was posting a lot. Seemed like he was over that. But to just drop everything....Maybe the Terry Fredricks retraction bit pushed him over the edge.

2. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

Not sure, but I for one miss his posts.

3. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Copy that! He has many good posts and links I'm still finding (as others are) and well I miss em' also :( I'll try dropping him a PM, looks like his account is still open. Come Back Sniper !!

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

His reasons for not being here go much deeper than the above BUT, if ya'all REALLY do miss his postings? please go to: Index page • www.histomil.com as he is there as well as some of us here-all trying to help a friend make his site work.

5. Krystal80

Krystal80 Member

I was on there earlier today and now get a strange error page hmmm. It really is a neat place, I hope to check out more info about ww1 there. I noticed sniper1946 hadn't been on too. Hope he comes back, he's missed.

6. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I miss him as well, hope he returns soon.

7. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

1946 is missed.

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

That was just one of the Admin doing some work on the site. I couldnt get in for awhile either soooo, I went to ebay instead and won four great to pretty good photos and hopefully more by 5PM tomorrow,

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Guys, he aint returning. I dont think anyone can change his mind this time like last?

10. texson66

texson66 Ace

All I can say is "It's the internet!" Sniper is a great poster who is already missed, but it's his decision....

11. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Oh Well! Best of luck to him. I'm still leaving him in my "Friends List" though!!

12. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Sad to see, but of course it is his choice and I will respect that. I hope he knows he will always be welcome back!

13. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I told him that he was missed here but, I dont think Otto or Jeff would send you guys to the cooler, if you decided to join there and give him a Howdy ;-)) Im there because im trying to help two friends get the site off and running.

14. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

I did not intend to post here again due to a pm I received last month, but as so many have asked of my absence, here is the reason...My thanks go to you all, ray..

Hi.

I just wanted to say something to you and hope you don't hate me for it:

I have to say it is quite annoying seeing all the threads you post with links to random ww2 websites, and i think it occupies the space and takes the attention away from proper threads and i think you post way too many links, i mean; Just look at all your posts, you have 12,500 posts and you joined nearly 2 years ago and you post 21 posts average each day. And that has nothing to do with being dedicated to the forum, the links used to be okay and informative, but now they are really annoying and i feel i don't want to be on the forum because of this, and a lot of other people think this too. So I hope you will reconsider this.

Have a good day ?

I posted his pm to jeff, this will not change things? and I'll definately never post on the forum again, if there is an element there that has indifferent feelings towards me and my postings? then it's best I don't return, I would'nt feel comfortable posting, and I'm concerned that a 16 yr old decided to post such a disrespectful pm, that obviously hurt, if he had issues? surely this should have been taken up with admin, but it was meant to hurt, and once read! it made me realise for the interest of those on the forum, calling it a day is best for all, my last goodbye...regards, ray..aka sniper1946..

A-58 likes this.
  15. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Thanks for posting, Ray! I´m sure you won´t read it, but it was a great time with you over here!

16. TiredOldSoldier

TiredOldSoldier Ace

Thanks for posting Ray! I will miss you.

17. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Thank you for touching base with us. Take care and be well!

18. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Wow. A little disappointed. Some internet brat writes a troll letter and we lose a star.....Who here was upset with 1946? I doubt that a 16yr old would give a rip about post count. 16 yr olds do not visit WW2f with " a lot of other people".... My guess is a member wrote that spiteful pm and sent anonymously. Shame on you.

sniper1946 likes this.
  19. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

You will be missed Ray, And I wish you the best of luck bud.

Now that we have heard from Ray, I am closing this thread. There is no more point in arguing over who/what/or why.

Sloniksp and LRusso216 like this.
  20. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Ray, I never got a PM from you with that message in it. I heard through the sewing circle what was going on, but I did not act on it because "officially" I did not know what had happened.

I wish you well.

Edit: Ray, I went back and looked again at my PMs, just to make sure. The last PM I got from you was on 8 January, where you responded to the affirmative about my request that you put full dates on the subject line of obituaries that you posted. I cannot address a problem that I do not know about.

I can assure you all that there is more to this than is immediately evident.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.