Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Where In The World is Urgh ???

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Biak, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Was I the only one to spot big foot Urgh or did others saw his paws in the snow too?

2. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

I caught a fleeting glimpse just as I reached for the camera.....

3. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

I don't know enough about subs mate....But I'll give it a go....Oh...I see what you mean...Its already done...Skip and Slip set up a phissing site and sent me a mail to rejoin ww2f...I've been posting some really exceptional stuff on there...The secrets of ww2...the reasons...the why's...the reasons and the meaning of life type stuff...I was wandering why no one ever responded...Bugger...anyone would think I was surplus to requirements...Well hard luck...I found the real ww2 f site again yesterday....Hiding it was...behind the tv...

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I found your address at adoptasheep.com and figured I'd give it a try.

5. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Attached Files:

6. GRW

You mean "baa-d" boy!:p

7. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

That's just plain wrong....

8. urqh

9. GRW

"When I'm calling ewe....."

10. urqh

Well that time again...I dont do announcements but Biak may get a search party out and I don't want to endanger him as he puts his water wings on to cross the pond...Its cold in there matey...Walk away from the sand...

Urqh is off...Well till end of year...That time again...8th op in 2 years to try and correct my old war pension injury that many have tried..and one tried to killl me in the proccess before he killed himself rather than face the concequences...Hey I never said it was a bedtime story..So I'll be gone and not wanting to read anything while I try to get back to some normality..they promise in 2 ops time I'll be able to walk in my sheep fields without crutches again in 2 years or so...Then perhaps I'll take the advice of one of the more jingoistic folk I've met recently and get out of his country.

Sounds bitter I know..I have reason enough to be so.

I just hope that in the future today's hero's....I'm not one by the way..nothing heroic about me...BUT today's hero's are not forgotten when the politicians and the public move on as they fickly have done over the years to another lot.

We though will still keep coming...the faces will change..the uniforms will change the guys AND girls will still keep putting that uniform on. The politcians will make cheap glory for their wars. And the public will fall for the big lie.

Ask any Northern Ireland Vet or Falkllands wounded if they get the care and attention they should or today's Brit heros get today...though they won't for long. Its a given. They too will join us oldies in the fight for basic healthcare and basic respect for just wanting to get on with their lives. They too will meet mr beuracracy that could not give a damn.

Enjoy the sun its fleeting.

Bitter...as you may say...you bet your bottom dollar I am. Given a life and health for what? I will probably take the advise though and leave...Its probably better to start again elswhere...I'll leave that persons country, he is not alone..Its not I suppose my country anymore. It belongs to the jingoistic singers who follow like...well not like my sheep they have more brains than that....To question is not to be disloyal question is a must...But we are fast getting to the stage where to question is responded with get out of this country if you don't like it. Go to Iraq...Afghanistan...I could respond in kind. Why don't you pull on the uniform, but its a lost cause..the questioners amongst us have lost this one...I just hope today''s hero's are not left high and dry tomorrow.

See you all in 2013 Urqh

http://youtu.be/2gJnrXXumfw

11. GRW

Jeez, I hope you're kidding.....:confused:

12. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Urqh, if I were around your home I'd take you out for a pint of lager, it really seems you need one.

13. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Sorry I'm late to the party - but you knew I'd show up - like a bad penny). Urgh my Buddy across the pond, I am strapping on the water-wings as we speak. Not so much as to begin the search but to rush to your side. Stay Well My Friend!
    Hero's all? Nope. While I respect most who don the Uniform I am familiar with enough to know the BDU doesn't make the Man. Or Woman. Today's 'putting upon the pedestal' is more for us complacent followers of political rhetoric, must back our Party don't ya' know. Having said that I'll contradict myself immediately and add, in many ways Today's Soldiers are Hero's. Those who must carry out the orders of insane policy deserve recognition for their sacrifices. I've met a few who are Hero's, and I've met a few who served with distinction. And, I've met a few who just went though the motions, put in their time and got the Hell out. To show Respect today seems to have to have the sidebar of Hero status attached. That is all Political and Media driven. The "Feel Good Factor". Hero gets bandied about almost as a catch-all and to each in one form or another they are all deserve our Respect not Glory. To their Family who sacrifices much also. I just spent a week with my Uncle who was in the SWPA and to me, He is a Hero, but to anyone else he was simply a Airman who flew airplanes in WW2. I think that much of the reason we allow Hero to be used so generically today is guilt for past oversight of "lack of respect" for the many who did the same thing as those are doing today.
    Enough of that, I expect to be "Feet Wet' soon and it shouldn't take me more than two or three months to Dog-paddle across the Lake between us. If you leave explicit instructions as to their care, I'll slop the sheep for you and be sure they have plenty of Oats or Hay or whatever it is they consume. I draw the line at the 'Lambing' thing so get back as fast as you can. Sooner if possible.
    We'll be seeing you my Friend and I award you my first "Kilroy". Far superior to any 'like' or salute.
    To Urgh, for Conspicuous Gallantry in the face of adversity (wayward Rogues mostly) the Kilroy ::::: [​IMG]

14. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

I hope all will be well, urqh and that you will be back sooner than you now think to entertain and enlighten us....

15. firstnorth

firstnorth Dishonorably Discharged

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    If it helps, I apologise for dumping the pack of Saskatchewan coyotes in ;)your paddocks last month... https://www.google.ca/search?source...4TSCA_enCA439CA439&q=coyotes+ontario+pictures
    since you are a British farmer I realise sheep farming is trouble free.You should consider relocating to Canada,where the lamb a nites would giveyou a real challenge to contend with..:cool:

16. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Sooooo we're talking about the 2013 in 5 months or is he using the Welsh Shepard's Calendar with Irish Translation?

17. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

2013? That seems far away, but it's closer than we think. Urqh, I hope the operation is successful, and you're back with us (and the sheep) sooner than predicted.

I have a real problem with anyone in a position of authority. Whether it's miltary or civilian, I don't trust them. The individuals who respond to the colors are to be respected and honored. They bear the burden of carrying out the wishes of their superiors. I'm not sure of their motives, but the well-being of others is surely not in the forefront.

18. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

I wish you well, Urqh, and a quick return. You really do make this forum a more interesting place. You are irreplaceable. Or was that irrepressible? Maybe both? ;)

19. firstnorth

Attached Files:

20. firstnorth