Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Where is the proof that Hitler died that day?

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by Totenkopf, May 5, 2008.

1. Sturmkreuz

Sturmkreuz Member

Erich that was. Think of Anna Reich ;)

But Adolf never wanted to leave Berlin, he wanted to die there. He had a change to escape to Norway(?) but he refused. Don't forgot that Hitler when he died (Normal way) he wanted to be buried at the Hall of Honor, next to the eight.

I don't think he was that weak, he had problems with his right hand, he went crazy still I think he had enough power to use his left hand to shoot himself. When he didn't, I guess, other soldiers would've done it (When Hitler asked too). Still besides that, they knew that Hitler never wanted to be taken prisoner by the Russians.

When he fleed, Adolf would've been found for sure.

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

not so much weak as in physical B ~ I think he was weak minded and truly believe he wanted out of Berlin as quickly as possible to escape and end his days elsewhere.
    Well it's over and he is gone and good ridance forever

3. redcoat

redcoat Ace

4. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I thought Sturm bought him a beer on a café terrace last week ? :D .

6. ValkyrieKatrina

ValkyrieKatrina Member

very true...now did anyone here read the excellent novel 'the berkut' by Joseph heywood? in it a double died in the bunker and an SS commando (no, not THAT commando) smuggles him out of Berlin and then...well, you'll just have to read it. its great and worth tracking down. Yes, he COULD have lived...but his beloved dream was dead...could he have survived the heartbreak and humiliation of defeat? its an interesting question and after having read all the Hitler biographies, I have to say that he would not have been able to go on after the defeat of Germany.

Kate

7. Sturmkreuz

Sturmkreuz Member

If Hitler did escaped, he would ordered any officer to stay defending Berlin to the last bullet, to the last man till the last man died.

I think escaping was to much of a risk for Hitler.

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

I think it's very likely the little punk A did the same as Napoleon did to his troops in Russia - left them there to die for an unfullfilled dream

no matter I saw Addi walking his dog this morn while on an early morning ride

9. Sturmkreuz

Sturmkreuz Member

Damn

Mhhh, If Adolf was too weak to kill himself, how could he possible flee then?

All the German troops almost surrendered, if Adolf did escaped they would still be fighting, out of intervieuws from those who defended Berlin, they mostly all said "We stopped fighting when we heared that Hitler died.. It can sound stupid but we all thought we still could win"

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I knew it, so the other guy was Elvis Presley then? :D

11. Richard

Richard Expert

I have read a few books on the last days and the Bunker and I can only conclude there is conflicting statements given by the surviving members of the Bunker. Hitler feared being captured by the Russians as he believed he would be put in a zoo. Hitler did his best to destroy Germany in the last months along with his people, so I hardly think Hitler was going to do a midnight flip from the bunker, do you?

He was dying anyway, pumped up to his eyeballs with a mixture of exotic drugs and let us not forget he has Parkinson's as well. As far as I am concerned that Hitler died in the bunker and good rid ons to that bastard.

12. Bravo104

Bravo104 Member

There is no real proof that sh*t for brains killed himseld in that bunker. Just hearsay. But what's to it. Even if he escaped he surely wil not have lived for long after that.
    Parkinson, syfilles, oldage, they caught up with him.
    And for his Dentals, don't you think they would, at least a bit, have been melted in that fire?