Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Where Les Miles might land.

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by A-58, Sep 27, 2016.

1. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude Patron  

2. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

I like number 3. I had already considered such as possible without the article. It would be great to see Franklin go. I'm not all that up to date with LSU's fan opinions on Miles. I know he hasn't won as often the last few years as when he started, but I did kinda scratch my head at firing the winningest coach in school history (Win Percentage) for not winning enough.

3. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude Patron  

He's leaving under mixed conditions as far as fan opinions go. Les Miles suffered from the same problem that got Charlie McClendon run off in late 70s. Coach "Cholly Mac" had too many 9 and 2 seasons and never could beat Alabama. So that meant no Sugar Bowls and no National Championships. The last LSU championship was in 1958, and that was too long ago so he had to go. He ended up on the Orange Bowl Committee or something like that.

Les Miles problem was that he had too many 10 and 2 seasons, and only beat Alabama twice in 11 years. And the big thing that started to turn the Tiger Faithful against him was that crappy piece of work he turned in when LSU and Alabama played for the all the beans in the BCS Bowl down in New Orleans awhile back. It was a pathetic game, for LSU anyway. Embarrassing to say the least. And the man cannot find a quality quarterback to save his life or career in addition to never seemingly to figure out how to manage the clock. He's a good coach, not a great coach. Nick Satan is a great coach.

4. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member Patron   WW2|ORG Editor

I don't see Baylor grabbing him, since they seem to like a good offense.

I have to agree with you that he has not produced a good QB, given the fertile recruiting ground he was in. Saban has another upper tier team in the state to recruit against, so he goes out of state. I read that about 75% of the team is from out of state. Only one of the starting QsB during his tenure is a Bama boy.

5. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude Patron  

I just read that your Alabama boy QB is transferring.

6. Slipdigit

He was from California. He got beat out for the starting job in the first game.

7. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude Patron  

Well he's going over the hill regardless.

8. Slipdigit

Bama had three QBs sophomore or younger. I was expecting at least one to bolt. Luke Del Rio, now at Florida, did the same thing for the same reason: too much competition.

9. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member Patron  

Makes you wonder though. They want to play, can't blame them, but not a lot playing time for potential NFL scouts. I wonder how much that plays into it. Personally, Id rather play for a winner and get an outside shot.

10. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude Patron  

Nick Satan probably recruits more QBs than he really needs or intends to play ever. Like he took a page out of the old Bear Bryant playbook in over recruiting. "He might not play for Alabama, but he will not play AGAINST Alabama". Who knows.