Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Where were you on 9-11?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by dasreich, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Sniper

Sniper Member

Herr General speaks from our hearts.

It was late night here, just before 11pm. I'd just gone to bed and was channel surfing when I saw a local news flash come up. They were showing live CNN footage of the first tower, saying they had reports of an aircraft, possibly a light plane, crashing into one of the WTC towers. I ran upstairs and told my brother to turn on his tv. Got back downstairs and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the second plane go in. The CNN commentator hadn't noticed, not until someone obviously told her about it. Went back upstairs and my brother had been watching the same thing. He asked me if that was a replay and I said no, another plane, probably an airliner, had just crashed into the second tower. We knew then that it was a terrorist attack.

We stood there for a few minutes talking about it and then I went back down and lay on the bed watching the tv. I saw the first tower collapse and my brother came down and said "did you see that?" I said that the other one might go to, if one had gone.

Yes, we saw the shots of people jumping, the street shots as everybody began to run when the towers collapsed.

I have to admit that those scenes will always be with me.

My heartfelt sympathy and sorrow goes out to everyone touched by this.

2. Jet

Jet Member

I had just finished playing rugby at school, it was 3:30 (British time) and I had no idea what had happened until I got into my mums car and she told me about it. I listened to the radio and on arriving home I dumped my homework and watched the news. I couldn't believe the pictures that I was seeing, and those pictures have stayed with me for the rest of my life.
    My heart goes out to the victims and their families. :(

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Welcome aboard Jet.

Sorry to say that these are some sad events happening these days. :(