Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Who’s taking the Sprint Cup?

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by ULITHI, Aug 23, 2010.

1. ULITHI

ULITHI Ace

It looks like Harvick is on a roll, but Kyle and Gordon are always dangerous. Especially Kyle after this last weekend. Any predictions?

Its just nice to have someone up there that's not Johnson for once!

I'm just glad my driver Jamie Mac is having such a good year after leaving Roush-Fenway, go figure!

2. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

While I'm not as great a fan of Jimmie Johnson as a couple of my friends, I'm not too sad to see him down in the standings a bit (9th isn't it today?). And while there are huge numbers of people who just don't like Jeff Gordon for the same reason they don't like Jimmie Johnson these days, he is due for a run again.

And being second in points going into the chase isn't a bad place to be! I have my doubts about Harvick and crew holding onto first, but my absolute favorite driver ever since he decided not to retire, is now pretty much out of the running after finishing second last year.

Mark Martin, the poster boy for us old farts. Dang he deserves a Championship Year more than anybody else. That doesn't mean much (he deserves it), but he has always raced as a gentleman, and is just a great driver in my mind.

All that said, and even though I'm not much of a fan of Carl Edwards either he might be on the rigth end of a run for the top as much as anyone. I'm still going with Jeff Gordon and his group finally getting another Championship, they seem to be jelling at the right time of the year. I won't be broken hearted if he bombs out, but I think he and the team might be hitting their stride at the right point of time.

3. ULITHI

ULITHI Ace

Yeah, I have a feeling that Gordon might sneak up there. My mom and Dad are big Jeff fans, as they can't stand Jr. and his posse.

Looks like Martin is in 14th. I also hope he could at least get into the chase, and like you said, it would be nice if the old boy could pull a championship someday while he still can.

My buddy is an Edwards fan, and I still kind of root for him. However, he has definately shown his true colors this year with his shinanigans with Brad K.

As much as I hate to admit it, I wouldn't even mind that goofball Kyle getting it over Harvick (I have never been a fan of Kevin). Although Kyle is definately a little snot, he's a hard driver!