Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Who here is a concentration camp survivor?

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by gilda, Nov 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. gilda

gilda recruit

Or heard stories of people who spent time in them? Please tell me your story.

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I don't think we have any people here who spent time in the camps, Gilda.

3. gilda

gilda recruit

That's really too bad. But maybe they've heard stories from their parents or grandparents?

Are you saying this is the wrong section to post in, or just in general this whole site?

4. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

5. gilda

gilda recruit

Thank you. I was also looking for stories of people who arn't Jewish and survived.

6. P-Popsie

P-Popsie Member

Gilda i may have a line on what your looking for.

About five years ago a friend of mine mentioned that his uncle had been intered at Auschwiz and had had recently finished typing out an account of the ordeal. Matt graciously allowed me to read this account. I will not go into the details i remember as they are rather sketchy but the gentelman in question survived because he was a pole and had been picked up in Warsaw in the first rounds of detentions. He was freed to make room for "other arrivals". I haven't seen Matt for at least two years now but have an idea how to find him. I fear his uncle may no longer be with us however, as one of the motivations for creating the account was his failing health. But i'll see what comes up stay hopeful but don't hold your breath.
    Good luck!

7. P-Popsie

P-Popsie Member

Sorry about doubling post's folk, why i sent this one twice not sure ?

8. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

The chap who assembled this blog on his Uncle's experiences as a British Soldier in Dachau, and of testifying at Nuremberg, turned up on WW2T recently:
    I Was In Dachau

Cheers,
    Adam.

9. keckan74

keckan74 Member

have a story of my grandmother being a holocaust survivor. In 1943 she was 20 years old and was starting college in the mix of all the horror, since she was catholic she felt safe enough that she would slip through the cracks of the nazis. Her father (my greatgrandather) owned a jewerly shop and did fine for a living. Well eventually that thought of polish catholic having money was a threat to the nazis and my grandmother and the rest of her family were taken away to all seperate camps. She was in the camps for 2 years where she was lberated in april of 45 where my grandfather who was part of the 101st ab 506 PIR came and liberated the same camp she was lcoated. While my grandfather was overseas he sent numerous letters to his parents from 1942-47 i have read all 642 of them and the most emotional piece was when he describes meeting a "beautiful perfect polish lady, inside one of hitlers horror camps" He then goes into saying that she may be the one and 3 weeks later (june 17 1945they were married. Since my grandfather was polish and knew the language it was one of those things that was meant to be. After he finished his time oversseas they moved back to the states and had 4 children 2 boys 2 girls and died one month a piece of each other. I have much more information but I saw your post so I thought id give u a little something to help you out

10. rainbowtrout

rainbowtrout Member