Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Who will win the FIFA World Cup in South Africa?

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by tovarisch, Jan 17, 2010.

1. tovarisch

tovarisch Member

Your bets for the 2010 WC (world cup, not water closet) in South Africa. England's got a superb team this year, Spain aren't looking too shabby, the US have put together a proper team for once, and there's always Brazil and Argentina. Who's going to take it home?

2. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Well Australia of course, look how close they came last time, if it wasn't for that Referee in the game against Italy we would have had it, well we would have at least been in the semi's.

There was so much controversy over that decision that he made.

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Spain has got a great team, and so does Brazil. Argentina has a world-class team,too, but their coach is destroying the team spirit. My guess is Spain....

4. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

I'd go with spain too,ahead of argentina...

5. Milleniumgorilla

Milleniumgorilla Member

Well I also think that the chances for Spain are quite good. But it's football and everything is possible.
    And over we say "Football is the game where 22 men try to score a goal with a ball for 90 minutes and in the end Germany wins."

6. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

Well, it certainly won't be Australia....group of death and all.

My money is firmly placed on Croatia to cause an upset, Spain to be eliminated second round, Argentina will reach the semi- but get knocked out, Germany are a strong chance, but the winner, for only the second time will be ENGLAND!!!!

7. redcoat

redcoat Ace

Slight problem....They didn't qualify for the finals ;)

My head says Spain and Brazil are the two favourites, but in my heart....England ! :)

8. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

Oh blast....I' meant SERBIA....they are in Australia's group....oops

We are going to be the ones knocked out by the....

I've just had a knock at the door from the Croatian National movement...scuse me!

9. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

My money is on Brazil.

10. tovarisch

tovarisch Member

My money's on England for some strange reason :) I feel like they don't want to get knocked out of the tournament in a penalty shootout vs. Portugal for the 3rd time in a row :)

And they've got the Yanks on the first game :D should be a doddle, that one :)

11. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

England don't have a chance. Too much hype, talented players who can't play together, but no real general in the midfield. Gerrard and Lampard are too egotistical and try to do things on their own. There is no Fabregas type of player on the England Squad.

I was hoping to see Russia in the WC - they're always fun to watch, especially that little Russian Rocket - but I am leaning towards Spain taking it home this year. Just all around a very impressive team.

Italy, France, and Argentina will all flop too, the USA will do OK but they're still boys trying to plan a mans sport. Egypt might be the surprise of the tournament, I think.

12. wtid45

wtid45 Ace

Spain, trust Musso to get in a dig at Stevie G and crow about the Gooners roll on September;):D

13. Mussolini

As individuals, the English team players are all pretty good, but stick them on the same team and there isn't enough variety. There is no real 'playmaker' type of player anymore, who dictates the game with his passes and positioning. Its been a flaw of English teams for quite some time now despite how good some of the individual position players have been (Rooney, anyone?). The English Midfield seems to be very attack minded - there is no real defensive midfielder or 'the general' on the team, which (as Spain show us) you need for success.

14. hornetsfan

hornetsfan Member

For the first time in my life I am feeling optimistic about the English teams chances .
    We have some cracking players ...Wayne Rooney's fantastic ..I love his bulldog spirit , he has real fire in his belly .
    Secondly , we have a good general in command ,the foreign bloke that rules the roost ...forgotten his name . He seems to be disciplined , knows what he wants and has the respect of the players.
    And finally , it will be a world cup where the climatic conditions will suit the English players .
    Its Englands time ...we will definately win the World Cup .
    SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOF TOPS ....EN-GER-LAND :D
    Jim ...Wheres me flag .

15. Mussolini

I mean a general on the field (like Fabregas) not on the sidelines.
    I also wonder how much the Terry Saga will affect the other players.

16. Heinrich

Heinrich Member

Would be nice to see Holland win it for once ..grrr Steamroller time !

17. hornetsfan

hornetsfan Member

Oh Damn ,I forgot about Brazil ...optimism now fading fast .

18. tovarisch

tovarisch Member

Brazil ain't nothing. Honestly, I think they're way too overhyped these days. If anyones overhyped then that's Brazil, not England. I mean, England deserve to win, they haven't had a WC trophy since '66, with all their footballing talent, they should have surely won at least once since the 60's. Brazil have got 5 W. Cups. Soon they won't have enough space on their badge to put the little stars on.

19. Mussolini

England has talent, just not the right kind. They don't have a dribbler/general who can make things happen. Sure, I'd love most of their position players on my team, but they don't have that spark or magic.

Brazil is overhyped these days, they had their glory run but now they're a dangerous team, not the 'Champions' that no one can beat.

I'm still putting my money on Spain.

20. Kruska

Kruska Member

:D:D:D - well you never know :eek:, on the other hand :D:D:D
    Regards
    Kruska