Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Who will win the FIFA World Cup in South Africa?

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by tovarisch, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

Just purely out of interest...

WHY are we seperating soccer into gender specific teams?

It seems to me that if the girls can prove themselves as individual players, they should be able to play with the men's team with no problems.

Is it the change room thing? Or do we have the same inate ability to predjudice certain sports as "men only"?

For that matter, I can't think of any sport where men and women truly play as equals. Even tennis is dominated by this syndrome. The grand slam titles for women mean that you can wrap up an entire tournament in three straight sets, where the men have to play five. Consequently, women's tennis has been dominated for years by "butch" players with more in common with men than anything else.

It's high time we started to get some REAL equality going on the sports field....

2. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

The best Female Soccer Players in the world would maybe be the equal of Division 3 in England. The body-types and physical qualities differ greatly between men and woman, and while on certain levels co-ed sports work great, professionally they do not.

Tennis, for example, I am sure women can give men a run for their money, but the men will typically win, especially on their serves which are faster then most female serves.

3. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Exactly right, the Men generally ( but certainly not always) have the ability to have more stamina, strength and endurance and therefore have an advantage over there female opponents. Yes, some women are very butch like and could easily match or even best men, but what about those that arn't, should we separate certain women from other?

4. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

Don't know.

What I do know is that women's sports and men's sports could so easily become "sport for men AND women", in the true spirit of equality.

Maybe I'm just naive!

5. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

World Cup is less than a month away. Still looking forward to England vs USA. I read of some injuries though to the England squad. Hope they are not serious enough to really put a damper on Englands chances.

6. Hilts

Hilts Member

Hate to say it...............

Argentina. :(

7. Mussolini

As good as Messi is, I doubt Argentina will win it. They certainly had a hard enough time qualifying for the WC against other SA/CA teams. Will be fun to watch Magic Messi, but the rest of the team lacks depth.

8. DCBGSU

DCBGSU Member

United States. Haha, i wish. But in all reality i think its going to come down to spain, england, or argentina. I feel as though the United States has a real abundance of talent to make a serious run, but i love englands style of football. I think spain and argentina are the teams to beat however. Messi and Torres will be very exciting to watch.

9. Wint

Wint Dishonorably Discharged

Brazil must be win Because they have lot of big guns.

10. Militant

Militant Dishonorably Discharged

Germany seems to be doing quite well, and brazil has a very good team; the favorite among here seems to be the favorite but they havent really beaten any signifigant teams and they lost to switzerland....

and lol did that guy above me get banned for saying that?

11. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

no he was not a guy ,but a spambot and spilled spam in other threads.

12. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Lets see how well women fair in boxing... :lol:

13. Militant

I checked his posts and none of them were spam, i suppose you deleted them?

14. Militant

15. Mussolini

If the mods say he was Spam, then he was Spam. Such posts get removed from the public face of the site so as not to clutter it.

And a few butch women aren't going to be knocking any professional male boxers out that are in their weight class. Too many physical differences between the two...

16. Militant

I was just being nosy about the person who was banned, sorry.

Okay, maybe not but youve never seen it so you never know, females could be faster and strike quicker.

17. ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf Member

I'm gunning for our fellow Netherlanders :)

18. Spaniard

Spaniard New Member

What a Game Spain Played, for 3/4 of the Match in complete control and sent the Germans Home, Aveda San Chatsie! :D

Netherlands Well it just might come True! I think Not :D well lets see Who Paul the German Octopus chooses, His only been wrong Once.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvrAdyFUJ8&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

19. Jan7

Jan7 Member

You possibly ask for my oppinion.

Honestly, I recognice that I'm not a soccer's fan, and anyone of my home nothing, yes are an very special ambient here & there "in my countriewide" also, rockets in each goal, flags, hihihihihi.

I presume that the next Sunday could will possibly are a extensive block-out in my country.

Seems, that I view in our last encouter vs Germany, and the excelent ambient for both equips, 90 +3 mins. fulltime[​IMG] in my humble opinion that "La Roja", Spain is the next winner of the FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

Jan.

20. Mark4

Mark4 Ace

I'm out Germany lost and i missed the match and us lost to Ghana i don't watch anymore.