Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Why you should buy my book

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by KodiakBeer, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Maybe ordering stuff in the US is easy. I don't have a Kindle or ebook thingy. Shipping would cost more than the book... Didn't want to have to jump through a million hoops. Want to read your book, don't want to have to fill out any forms etc. My gesture was to ensure you received payment from the ethers, for your efforts. Love.

2. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Poppy, I just tried to PM you but it said you can't receive any new messages.

Email me at keithrog AT ptialaska DOT net and I'll mail you a copy.

3. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Oi. Geeze. That is weird. No messages on my side regarding inability of others to leave a message... Will check.

4. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I tried again - "Member can not receive any new messages"

Just email me.

5. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Keith was kind enough to send me his book. It will sit on the top row of my bookshelf. I had insisted on an insult from the author, but he was too kind. Merely referring to my absence of lady friends. [loved that KB]
    His writings here and especially in the book, have allowed greater insight into the dude that is KB.
    There are some excellent pictures. My only beef would be that the locations are not noted.

Upon getting into the story, it reminded me of Dick Proenneke's documentary of Alone In The Wilderness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss - In that he describes to the reader in a casual way, the wilderness very descriptively.

The cranky Dr is a good foil.

There is also an interesting bit on the service a bear provided during war time.

The attack and subsequent events are both chilling and thought provoking.

Well done Keith. You are an asset to the site. I recommend this book.

KodiakBeer likes this.
  6. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

OK, I'm officially a TV celebrity now, so I'll expect all the deference that such a status entitles me to. Like, you could buy me drinks and hang on my every word, or maybe a kick a papparazi in the crotch if they come near me. The History Channel is shooting a series on Kodiak and have used me to spout wisdom about bears for the last couple of weeks. I don't know when the show will air or even what the title is to be - all that is handled by mysterious people at the network.

What were you think when that Kodiak Bear mauled you?
    Well, Jay, I was thinking; 'Will somebody shoot this mutha$^^&ing bear off my back?'
    -Pause-
    Perhaps you could re-word that...?
    Ah, yes Jay, I can. I felt an innate sadness at this abrupt and violent event, along with some fear, tempered with the determination not to poop my pants, because if I did everybody would say "That bear really ripped him up, and he pooped his pants.'
    Umm, let's start over...
    Sure Jay, whatever you need.

Yesterday, I shot another piece with Steve's outdoor Adventures, of the Outdoors Network. We did a five or ten minute piece about the book while seated in the door of a helicopter, apparently because if you have a access to a helicopter why not point cameras at it..?

With two TV shows under my belt, I'm officially a G or H List celebrity. To get up to A, B or C List, I'm told I'll have to bang a Kardashian, in a helicopter. Once you've wrestled with a sow bear, wrestling a Kardashian is easy, only with more sweating. And more screaming. And more shame. And herpes. Unfortunately, neither Jay or Steve could hook me up any Kardashian's, so I'll just have to stay on the H List until I can arrange a Kardashian shagging.

7. Tamino

Tamino Doc - The Deplorable

@Kodiak: I have just visited your web page at Amazon. Photos from your book "A Photographic Tour of Kodiak Alaska" are indeed stunning. :)

8. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

9. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

I did not buy your book, but was sent it by a kind Chicaganadian (Canadagoan?).
    It arrived today wrapped in what I assume is some sort of profile of the author.

IMG_20171206_150309208.jpg

O.M.A. and KodiakBeer like this.
  10. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I think that periodical 'wrap' is where Otto gets in touch with local singles.

O.M.A. and von Poop like this.
  11. toki2

toki2 Active Member

Unlike other cheapskate people, I bought your book and have contributed to your ostentatiously extravagant lifestyle while I languish in penury. Just sayin.

KodiakBeer likes this.
  12. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

I'll buy your book, but only if it comes autographed, and includes an open invitation for me to attend the next gathering of the Southern Arizona Society of Ex-Alaskan FN FAL Afficionados.

I promise that this is your way into the lucrative Canadian bear mauling book market.

.....the ball is now in your court

13. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Thank you. It was the right thing to do. Not only do people like you help keep me in ammunition, you also keep the local javelina population well fed from the grain they steal from my quail.

14. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

You're welcome any time, doubly so if you bring your Sherman.

George Patton likes this.
  15. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

[​IMG]
    Bloke on the right is Rod Ansell - the real life Crocodile Dundee...
    Maybe...I can see a movie for/about you...what to call it? KodiakBeer I think!

George Patton and KodiakBeer like this.
  16. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Good. July 8th 2018 is the date. Mark your calendar. Do we split shipping for the big green item, or should we just meet halfway somewhere along the Oklahoma-Missouri state line?

17. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

The OK/MO state line is deep in rural meth country. Maybe you should consider a Tiger?

18. O.M.A.

O.M.A. Active Member

All this time, I've been reading your username as "KodiakBear". It made me wonder how much a of Tom Selleck torso you had.

It does make much more sense with the "Beer" ending. I've been mauled many, many times by beer, but never by a bear. You don't see me go off writing a damned book about it though.

19. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Are we all allowed to talk about Alan owning a fine looking Sherman now then?

The flash bastard.

Otto, George Patton and CAC like this.
  20. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Sure man.

George Patton likes this.