Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Wochenschau

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by volkbert, Oct 11, 2002.

1. volkbert

volkbert Member

Last weekend I bought some DVD with german Wochenschau. These were newsitems played in cinemas. At this moment there are six dvd's available all about 1940. There are no subtitles, alle sound is in mostly in german (original sound). I watched three of them and can recommend them. They are for sale at: www.piecesofhistory.com

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Volkbert : Wochenschau films 1940-45......

The whole series in video from International Film inc. out of Chicago, Illinois, USA. The films were overdubbed into English some years ago. Mine are from Germany and cover all of 1945 in French and German.

E

3. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Those International Films dudes got some REALLY interesting stuff.

I haven't been able to buy of them yet, but their site makes my mouth water....

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Stevin, as you've looked over their site and or catalog did you see......this is kinda pathetic since we are dealing with several "would be" bozo's here in the states, but.....have you seen the video on German snipers of 1944 ? A training film from which I understand is pretty intense !

E

5. volkbert

volkbert Member

Stevin, I bought the DVD's in Antwerpen. There is a militaria fair every first sunday of the month. The guy I bought them from has also a store in Oss.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Volkbert :

Can you share with me what is sold at these military fairs ? Some examples bitte !

E

7. volkbert

volkbert Member

Erich- They sell a lot of things on these fairs. Tunics, books, medals, documents. Not only third reich but also other countries.