Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Wontok Joins War44...

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Jim, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    Welcome Wontok! to war44 forums please introduce yourself by telling us where you are from, your interests in WWII or just History and how you found us.

Thanks,

War44 Team

2. Wontok

Wontok New Member

via War44
    Hi, I am newto this forum.

I am a Geordie but live in the Scottish Borders. I am an ex Squaddie with a great interest in all aspects of WW11 as I love History plus my Father faught in N.Africa, Greece and Crete. Captured and sent to Stalag VIIIB. Upper Selesia,.
    Found this site when looking for a guy's name on the Web. 1 hit and this site came up with his posts on it so I thought I would give it a shot.:happy:

3. Cabel1960

Cabel1960 recruit

via War44
    Hello Wontok and welcome to war44, respect to your father and yourself for your services to our country. Did your father talk of his service?

4. Dave War44

Dave War44 Member

via War44
    Aye welcome friend :thumb:

5. Wontok

Wontok New Member

via War44
    Hello Stalin,

Hello Wontok and welcome to war44, respect to your father and yourself for your services to our country. Did your father talk of his service?

Not until I was in the Army. He thought I would not get through the training as a Para but I surprised him and did. He was captured by German Paras on Crete and had a high opinion of them. He then started to talk about what happened in Greece and Crete. His Reg. was rearguard on the retreat to Sfakia which he never reached. He called it a complete SNAFU.