Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

World War 2 Interview Questions- *Not exclusive to veterans*

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by lospinok, May 4, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lospinok

lospinok recruit

Hi, I'm a student at high school and I have an assignment for a World War Two interview. The person being interviewed does not have to be a veteran of World War Two. The guidlines are that you have to have been old enough at the time of the war to at least be able to recall the items mentioned in the interview. Thanks so much for your help it is really appreciated.

Before you answer the questions, I need to know a little bit about you so I can include it in the assignment. Please leave your first and last name, and if you are not comfortable postin this information please feel free to email me the interview. Any response is really appreciated. If you find some questions offensive or hard to answer, feel free to skip them.

Thank you so much!

Interview:

How old were you when the war was going on?

The homefront was a huge part of the war. How can you describe the feelings running through America at wartime? How did you feel?

What ways did families across the US support their troops?

What were some of the changes you can America going through during the war?

Did any of your family members serve?
    If so, who? Where did they serve?

Were you in the military in WW2? Why did you join and where did you serve?

What were the thoughts going through your mind about...
    Adolf Hitler in Germany?
    Benito Mussolini in Italy?
    What did you know about them and did you agree they needed to be fought against?

Were you ever afraid at home of attack or bombings? Do you remember preparing for war and the safety measures you had to take? What were they?

Did you have any knowledge about the internment of Japanese American's during the war? Can you express some of the feelings behind it?

Did you have any knowledge of the Jewish people being prosecuted in Hitler's Germany? If you found out, did it change your outlook on the war?

There were so many ways America changed their lifestyle for the war. Did you know anyone who did the following?

Grow Victory Gardens?
    Buy War Bonds?
    Ration Coupons?
    Collect Scrap Metal or contribute to Rubber Drives?

Did you personally contribute to any of the above? Why and how did you feel in wartime America as civilian?

What was your personal reaction to the war, how do you feel about it today? Do you think America is doing a good job educating it's youth on the war? What are some things that you would like to share personally about the World War Two that you think should be seen by students in classrooms?

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

lospinok, this isn't a website where we do your homework for you. You'll need to be a bit more tactful with this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.