Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

World War II Games

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by Mussolini, Aug 7, 2007.

1. gregc

gregc Member

Conker Live and Reloaded multiplayer mode bascially is World War 2 minus the fact that the US is potrayed as rodents and the Germans are potrayed as teddy bears, story mode also seems like it too, but its not EXACTLY like it though but very similar

2. Sapiens

Sapiens Member

Rush for Berlin and expansion pack Rush for Bomb
    Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942
    Stalingrad
    War Leader: Clash of the Nations
    WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs.Tiger

Mods:
    Forgotten Hope 1 and 2

3. M1khail

M1khail recruit

Thank you for this great list mussolini! and I have a game to add it to also:Heroes In The Sky

4. Toblerone1995

Toblerone1995 recruit

5. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

Velvet Assassin

6. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

"Velvet Assassin" was an awesome game! Roughly (very roughly) based on the life of Violette Szabo.

There was an old Windows98-era game called "Men At War" (turn-based WW2, sorta like a WW2 version of "Fallout"). There was another a few years ago, can't recall the title, but it was another turn-based game similar to the "Fallout" series, based in the world of WW2, but your small squad of guys ends up going against a terrorist group that's discovered alien technology, battle-suits, and ray guns. Pretty darn good.

Also want to mention the "Commandoes" series. A year or so ago, I found a box-set at Best Buy which had all of the games, their expansions, and the latest reincarnation as a FPS.

7. Nemesiz

Nemesiz recruit

Just to keep this updated, the sequel to Soldiers: Heroes of WWII and Faces of War came out a few years ago called Men of War. Also the Sequel to that called Men of War: Assault Squad which IMO is the best WWII Real Time Strategy game out there. The armor penetration system in the game is realistic and pretty fun. They usually have sales on Steam.

8. thunder_love

thunder_love Member

When i was growing up I played Panzer General,which I was introduced by my one of my friends. I enjoyed playing the German side.If anybody has played this game please write...

9. belasar

belasar Court Jester

If it was what I think it was (a PC Game) I have played a few times years ago and think I still have the disk laying about somewhere.

10. TiredOldSoldier

TiredOldSoldier Ace

PG was lots of fun as was the sequel PG2, PG2 fixed my main complain with PG as a simulation, namely the units growing or shrinking from batallions to divisions between the scenarios that had a very different "scale", and is still a permanent fix on my hard drive, together with tonns of user designed scenarios, maps and acmpaigns. PG probably would be also there if time hadn't corrupted my copy's disks. Less good were the remaining "5 star" games, (allied general, pacific general etc.). The game system has recently resurfaced as matrix's Panzer Corps but I haven't played that one.

11. thunder_love

thunder_love Member

I've also played Strategic Command WW2.

12. aradiralami

aradiralami New Member

I know it's an old topic but when I've seen axis and allies game, I couldn't resist, I have to say this game is a very nice World War II RTS game. I especially like the global WWII mode, in which you take control of Germany, Japan, Britain, America, or Russia and win the war with the opposing factions, there are two campaigns, one for the Axis and one for the Allies, which are also quite nice. Quite nice.

13. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Yes, played this and Civilization II whenever I could. They are quite good. As Axis side I once managed to take Moscow but don't remember if I won Barbarossa. I guess I did as I was able to try to invade the US but that was simply impossible.

14. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

I also enjoyed Panzer General. They also had the Anvil-Dragoon scenario, which I'd play as the Americans. Trying to invade the U.S. was also my downfall. Sealion Plus was fun, having the Italian fleet to back me up.

15. Takao

Takao Ace

Go online & Google "Panzer General Forever". It is a free fan made PG that will run in Windows. There is Panzer General, Allied General, & about 8 other modded campaigns to choose from(including K.U.K. General(WW1 mod). I still fire it up to play some campaigns.

Also look for "Open General", which is a PG2 remake with a ton of mods & campaigns - it is also free.

16. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

Excellent. Do they also have "People's General"? Same engine, but with modern day China on the attack. Never mind. They do!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  17. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Active Member

I've played AG for a long time.

18. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Battle of the Bulge by Avalon Hill was my favorite board game. My favorite floor game was Jutland, again by AH. You needed a big floor for that one.

19. Takao

Takao Ace

Slitherine Software has also redone the series with updated features and graphics as their Panzer Corps series. Panzer Corps II was just released last year. Well worth the price.

20. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Can you play those solo, against an AI?