Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

World War Two Campaign

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by TheRedBaron, May 20, 2003.

1. Jet

Jet Member

Lol ive always liked the underdogs.....but maybe luxenborg is a little extreme. Still lets hope the game is realistic. I mean I hope its not like football PC games that have Northampton Town winning 7 Arsenal losing 3 :D

2. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Or even spurs beating arsenal!! Nah, thats silly.

3. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Or even spurs beating arsenal!! Nah, thats silly. Its a shame Urqh isnt here, I could start reminding him about how Gloucester WOOPED Northampton!!!

4. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Or even spurs beating arsenal!! Nah, thats silly. Its a shame Urqh isnt here, I could start reminding him about how Gloucester WOOPED Northampton!!!

5. reddog2k

reddog2k Member

It's probably to late to include countries, but what about Switzerland.

6. Jet

Jet Member

Wasn't Switzerland nuetral ?

7. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Maybe it was but I see no reason why Germany wouldent want to attack Switzerland or Sweden (Sweden would be an excellent target, steel suppliers and all)

8. reddog2k

reddog2k Member

Switzerland was neutral. But alot of the gold, art, and other treasure the Nazis stole was laundered through Switzerland. Also towards the end of the war the Allies borrowed money from Swiss Banks.

9. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

So what? Germany invaded Holland, Denmark and Belgium, all of whom were neutral. There were plans to attack Switzerland but they were cancelled. If I were Germany in the game I would consider attacking Sweden rather than Russia because of the Swedish iron ore. I would also consider attacking Switzerland because of the financial reserves in the country. Then again there is the Swis military to consider.

10. reddog2k

reddog2k Member

A invasion of Switzerland would have cost the Germans alot of men, resources, and time. If the Germans invaded Switzerland. The Swiss people would have fought to the death, to defend their freedoms. Switzerland is the only country in the world(maybe Israel) where a man is required to have a Assault Rifle in their home.

The Swiss were prepared to destroy every bridge, blow every factory, burn every farm, and destroy all their money. Essentially Germany would have conquered a wasteland.

[ 25. June 2003, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: reddog2k ]

11. Brad T.

Brad T. Member

Tommorow has passed :( :(

12. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Fair enough, but my point is that someone may want to invade Switzerland at some point hence it is worth them being represented. Failing this, consider their political importance in terms of finance and the red cross.

13. reddog2k

reddog2k Member

I agree that Switzerland is worth being represented. My point is that Switzerland should be represented because of their financial power, and the red cross. Which Stefan just mentioned.

14. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Well, if the red-cross is going to play a role in the game, then on the same level, shouldnt the Holocaust? Also, for those of you who have played WWII games like HOI or Strategic Command or TOAW, you'll notice that Switz can not be attacked. In HOI, only one of the 4 provinces is worth anything due to natural resources, and there arent many at that. Due to the Mtns and such, and losses in attack etc, it really isnt worth attacking Switz esp due its neutrality. Netherlands etc held more of a strategic value, as it gave the Germans a route to avouid the Maignot Line and the more heavily defended sectors. it also cleared europe of the allies.

15. ec2285

ec2285 Member

I too am really wondering who I will get. It may be possible for some people to trade around countries at the beginning..if it is mutually agreeable and all. I hope I get an Axis minor like Hungary or Bulgaria..I think that would be fun..

What does everyone else hope they get?

EC2285

16. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Put some stuff under a new couple of topics...

17. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Check out the Introductory pack ans stick your names down on the players list... :D

18. Mahross

Mahross Ace

Is this still going on?

19. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Member

Sorry, guys. i'm gonna have to back out. I just don't have enough time anymore. I'm probably gonna disappear and reappear at times and I'm sure this is just not enough dedication to play.

Have fun though.

20. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Looks like thread is dead, unpinned.