Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Writers! The History Press beckons

Discussion in 'Quill and Ink' started by Jayslater, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Jayslater

Jayslater recruit

Greetings,

My name is Jay Slater and I am the senior commissioning editor at The History Press of all things military and aviation. I am always looking for new memoirs and angles that would make great books. I have posted on other forums and have successfully commissioned a number ranging from a Typhoon pilot, a German soldier who survived Normandy and Berlin, a B-17 navigator and more. If you have something that might be of interest, why not drop me a line. We have excellent sales and distribution, and unlike a number of editors in publishing houses, I live and breathe the subject.

I look forwards to hearing from you.

Jay
    jslater@thehistorypress.co.uk

2. Gail P

Gail P Member

I am currently putting my father's footsteps down on paper along with photos and surrounding WWII info. My father was 11th A/B U.S. Army stationed in the Pacific 1943-46. Interested?

3. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Gail, you may want to send Jay an email at the address in his post. Good luck!

4. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

Just beware "vanity press". If a publisher asks for you to pay for something in advance, its not a good thing. You'll usually end up paying more than you ever make from their "publicity". Not sayin this group is that way, just a general "beware".

5. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Very good advice, RA.