Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2 German reinactors.

Discussion in 'Living History' started by C.Evans, Jan 15, 2001.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Are there any German reinactors on this forum? I ask because if you are interested in an MG-34 and an MP-40, I know an individual selling these items.

The MG-34 is $1,000, the MP-40 is $325.00

Also, I know another person who is selling a Kubelwagon thats totally restored, and is painted in the D.A.K. colors.

If interested, let me know.

2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

I'm thinking about re-enacting. Have not found a group in Texas. That MP-40 would be a good start since I don't think they are plentiful to come by.

------------------
    Tschuss

3. PanzerMan

PanzerMan Member

Hi Evan,

Hmmm..that MP 40 sound nice..

Care to give me more details of it??

Danke

* Alvin *

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hello PzJgr. There are German reenactors here in Texas, and or either people living here in Texas who belong to a unit elsewhere. I will see if I can find some info for you and will get back to you on it.

For Panzerman: I know the person who has the guns for sale. All I know about the MP-40 is that you can pull back the bolt, pull the trigger and it will close. Also, it has the folding wire stock, and a magazine. I dont know if the magazine is detachable or not. The MP-40 is priced at $325.00. I can contact Wes Shook, if you want to know more about the guns. Just let me know.

5. PanzerMan

PanzerMan Member

Hello Mr Evan,

Are there any markings?? How much airmail postage is needed to send it to Singapore??

So Mr Wes Shook is selling the guns then. I would like more info from him. :^)

Danke

* Alvin *

6. PanzerMan

PanzerMan Member

Hello Mr Evan,

Are there any markings?? How much airmail postage is needed to send it to Singapore??

So Mr Wes Shook is selling the guns then. I would like more info from him. :^)

Danke

* Alvin *

7. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

CE Evans,
    Thanks. I'm thinking of mirroring the same uniform my grandfather had with same awards. What do you think? Thanks for the support

------------------
    Tschuss

8. PanzerMan

PanzerMan Member

To Mr Evans,

Sorry to mention this at this time but I think you wanted my e-mail address for you to post the Asiatic soldat photo....

Well here it is..... alvinlee_81@yahoo.com

Thanks

* Alvin *

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear Panzerman, I will see if I can get in touch with Mr. Shook before he leaves for his next show. I dont know if there will be any postal problems in sending the MP-40 out of country or not, I will ask him that too.

As for the MP-40 having markings, I don't recall seeing any. This MP-40 is a movie prop-gun, but has MP-40 parts. This one cannot be made to fire live rounds. Same goes for the MG-34.

Dear PzJgr: I don't see any problems with trying to copy the uniform, go for it. If you are looking for repo items instead of the real thing, there are a few good sites on the internet that sells quality repos of insignia and awards. Type in this address in the box and enter: www.blackcrossmilitaria.com then go to links and enter, you will then find several militaria banners, go to the one thats the militaria directory and enter. You will then have alphabetised a list of dealers for all kinds of militaria. I would give you their names but I am at a disadvantage right now, im using a friends computer, and I dont have my notes with me. The militaria will be easy for you to find. When I get back on the computer tomorrow, I will try to place a small list of repo dealers on this forum if you wish. If you want the real items, I can give you a small list of dealers I go through. I know right now, that the militaria shop in Peteluma Calif, has MP-40s in stock, but I think they are around $600.00+++, its been awhile since I checked, so I am probably wrong.

Hope I was able to point you in the right direction. At any rate, I will let you know what I can find out about the guns.

10. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Thanks. I have been researching this for months and you have given more information than I have gathered thusfar. Thanks alot and more info is greatly appreciated.

------------------
    "They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war there is nothing sweet or fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason."

11. PanzerMan

PanzerMan Member

Hello Mr Evans,

Thanks for your guidance and replys for my postings.

I too, appreciate all your help towards me.

Danke

* Alvin *

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Messages for Panzerman and PzJgr.

I tried to get in touch with Wes, but he had already left town for the next gunshow, so hopefully I will hear from him next week?

Also, my pleasure to help if I can. If you need any vet contacts-thats what I do best. Mostly they are German vets.

13. PanzerMan

PanzerMan Member

Dear Mr Evans,

I would like some info on vets that served in SS and volunteer units.

Pls let ma know what you have.

Thanks

* Alvin *

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear Panzerman, no problem, what kind of info do you need? Are you wanting Waffen SS vet contacts? If so, I have about 25. There are all Knights Cross Recipients. All I list here are still living as of 2 yrs ago.

I have:

SS Obersturmfuhrer Erwin Bachmann Adj 1st Btn Pz Rgmt 10 "Frundsberg"

SS Oberscharfuhrer Ernst Barkmann Pz CO in Das Reich

SS Obersturmfuhrer CO of 1st Company SS PZ Rgmt "Deutschland" in Das Reich

SS Obersturmbannfuhrer Jakob Briel-Fick (I think he is stll living)

SS Obsescharfuhrer Friedrich Buck

SS Obersturmbannfuhrer Fritz Darges

SS Obersturmfuhrer Paul Egger

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Karl-Heinz Euling

SS Sturmbannfuhrer Johannes Gohler "Florian Geyer"

SS Sturmbannfuhrer Hans Hauser. He was either in LSSAH or Das Reich

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Willy Hein

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Heinz Jurgens

SS Obersturmbannfuhrer Paul-Albert Kausch

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Josef "Sepp" Lainer

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Karl-Heinz Leichte

SS Dr. Hans Lipinsky

SS Sturmbannfuhrer Heinz Macher

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Karl Nicoluss-Leck

SS Obersturmfuhrer Gustav-Peter Reber (I think he may now be deceased, but im not positive)

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Rudolf von Ribbentrop, son of Joachim von Ribbentrop--the forign minister.

SS Oberscharfuhrer Richard Rudolf (He also may be deceased)

SS Obersturmfuhrer Johann Sailor (Another unconfirmed as passing away)

SS Obersturmfuhrer Kurt Sametrieter

SS Untersturmfuhrer Oskar Schaffer

SS Oberscharfuhrer Alois Schnaubelt

SS Untersturmfuhrer Alfred Schneidereit At gunner in the 1st SS Pz Rgmt in LSSAH

SS Unterscharfuhrer Remy Schrijnen AT Gunner in SS Sturmbrigade Langemarck.

SS Sturmbannfuhrer Heinrich Springer

SS Obersturmbannfuhrer Hans Traupe

SS Untersturmfuhrer August Zingel (Might be deceased but not sure)

I have other addresses, but they are not confirmed yet.

Let me know if you want some of these addresses. It has to be done by email, because of privacy reasons. Contact me at: Laughingsawfish@hotmail.com if you are interested.

If other info is requested other than vet contacts, ask away and I will try to help you. Best regards--Carl.

15. J.Mahoney

J.Mahoney Member

I can vouch for some of the vets on that list since I now have 14 replies. Like Paul-Albert Kausch, Remy Schrijnen, Hans Hauser, Sepp Lainer and Paul Brasack who was a U-boat commander. You know something? the photo Paul sent me in it he looks like Jurgen Prochnow in das boot, or rather Jurgen Prochnow looks liks Paul Brasack.