Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2 junk sold as if it were gold!

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by Skipper, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

the latest pigeon scam. Jeez , I can't believe some guys have the guts to ask money for these. Ebay will remove your genuine helmet if it shows a bit of the birdy, but will let these thugs sell their junk. he's asking 50 € for this "rare" German helmet........................................................
    If you have more similar examples , you can post them in this thread. (No repros, as we already have threads fro those) .

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/RARE-GERMAN-HELMET-M42-WW2-RARE-CASQUE-ALLEMAND-M42-CASCO-TEDESCO-M42-/111747255956?hash=item1a04a7ce94

Beware of this rogue he is selling fakes too .

[​IMG]

2. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

so rare there is almost nothing there to see.......a fool and his money...I'm not surprised, people will sell anything and everything--scams included...was it here or AHF that someone was selling a non-Luftwaffe item that had a Luftwaffe emblem??

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Yes, that would be a scam, but this guy will say it's original and can't be kicked out for selling fakes.... One would better hurry, in two years it will be 100% dust .

4. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

I'll buy it if it's signed - preferably in felt-tipped pen - with a name like 'J Peiper' or 'M. Wittmann'...... :spin:

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

What about a "Feld" pen?