Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2 Panzer sim

Discussion in 'World War 2 Hobbies' started by Oberstjon, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Oberstjon

Oberstjon recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Hello to all. Looks like we have alot of fans of Panzer and WW2tanks here. There is a great tank simulation out there and its called Red Orchestra. I highly recomend you check into it. There are great tank battles being faught out there. I do not know how to create a link to the game but just type the name of the game into your browser you should find it easy enough.
    Thats Red Orchestra ostfront 41-45

PS No I dont work there or anything like that. The game has helped me "scratch that itch" Ive had about WW2 tank combat Mature game[/url]

2. Oberstjon

Oberstjon recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Fee free to ask any questions or comments

3. McRis

McRis New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Bad game i think. Completely unbalanced... SMGs are so accurate that rifles are useless. Also, almost always the game reaches a point that tanks are raging across the field and infantry can do nothing but die. Pity, it could be a good game...

4. Gunter_Viezenz

Gunter_Viezenz New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The bad thing is you need a very good computer, and need to buy Half Life 2 and than Red Orchestra. So thats at least 50dolls there American depending on what Half Life 2 pack you wanna buy.

5. Oberstjon

Oberstjon recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Well, the learning curve is a little steep, and I didn't mention the infantry combat because I dont play it. True, there are other FPS out there on the market that are better(IMO). Red Orchestra is a stand alone game so I dont know what you are talking about with this Half-Life. If you want tank battles in the game you have to goto tank maps. The larger maps allow for stratigy and tactics that reflect armored warfare. 50 bucks? costs 29 dollars here in Chicago.

It is a simulation of armored war. You need to mimic the same tactics that worked on the battlefields of Orel and Kursk.