Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2 Podcast - Series of war history podcasts.

Discussion in 'What Granddad did in the War' started by paulcheall, Apr 6, 2013.

1. paulcheall

paulcheall Member

I thought members might be interested in a podcast which I've launched on aspects of my Dad’s war such as Dunkirk, North Africa and D-Day. The aim of the podcasts is to give you snippets from the book of Dad's memoirs as well as some fascinating updates on his so-called Band of British brothers, some of whom wrote their own memoirs too. So you’ll be hearing quite a lot of great previously unpublished history. There really is some good material, especially from Wilf Shaw and Brian Moss in the 2nd episode on Wadi Akarit.

The podcast can be found via iTunes at https://itunes.apple...d624581457?mt=2 or if you don't have iTunes, from http://fightingthrou.../podcast/feed/2.

They are free to download and good if you have any relatives with visual impairment. Once downloaded, you can locate the file onto your hard drive (iTunes makes this easy) and copy across to a CD or memory stick or your ipod etc so can listen while driving or anywhere you would normally listen to the radio, but don't drop it in the bath!!

Any feedback on the podcasts will be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Paul

Kendusimmus likes this.
  2. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

I will certainly check out your podcast, Paul. I think it will be a nice compliment to a WWII podcast that I regularly listen to on iTunes. If you don't already listen to it, I highly recommend that you check it out. It's a work in progress, but it is pretty thorough.

Thanks for mentioning your podcast. I will be subscribing shortly. :)

3. WitW

WitW New Member

Nice