Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2 Show

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by LRusso216, Apr 20, 2013.

1. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I went to a WW2 show today. It was rather small, and not having a militaria expert along, I was reluctant too buy anything. I did purchase a 92nd Infantry patch. This was the Buffalo soldiers, a black unit. My father's regiment was attached to it beginning in January 1945. I also bought a pin that actually was for the Infantry school, but the upright bayonet reminded me of the plaque for the 473rd. Beyond that, there were several tables of pins, patches, and uniforms. I looked, but did not buy. I envied those that are able to dig for, and identify, the relics. There was also a re-enactment which I was unable to get to (for health reasons). I did see a number of vehicles as well.

2. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

Good on you, Lou, glad you enjoyed the show.

It's always a little daunting when buying anything at militaria shows as some of the fakes are very good and hard to detect unless you know your stuff. I now tend to avoid buying things like medals, unless I know the dealer is reputable and trustworthy.

Did you take any photos of the show?

3. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Just buy what takes your eye Lou..Whatever you feel you think will fit with your taste...Even fake stuff can still be worth it even when you find out its fake...Apart from the price...just watch what you spend of the expensive itiems...I'd start with small and cheap. Replicas even...But once your hooked you'll be hooked...

4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Sadly, no photos. I mainly looked at the militaria for my own interest. I don't expect to start collecting, but it was fun to look.