Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2 statues

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by dasreich, Sep 8, 2002.

1. dasreich

dasreich Member

I recently purchased a mini-statue of Erwin Rommel. It proudly adorns my bookshelf, right next to my stein collection. Next on my list is one of Kesselring or Rundstedt. Do any of you have similar items?

2. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Well, I saw one of Rommel in a Pharmacy-modelling-club the other day and didn't like it. He looked like a bad cartoon rather than a model of a general... But it was perhaps the modeller...

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Im looking to get the 21st Century and Dragon Rommel figures. I HAD a stein I got in Germany of Rommel--but courtesey of american airlines--it got smashed on arrival. However--my limited edition Red Baron Stein survived.

4. dasreich

dasreich Member

They smashed your Rommel stein...figures.
    At least your Red Baron one survuved.

Say...you wouldnt happen to know where I could get a Rommel stein...?

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

If I remember correctly, I picked up the Red Baron stein at a tourist trap located just outside the Heidelberg castle walls. This guy does do overseas shipping but, I no longer have his address :( I bought the Red Baron Stein from him for I think $90.00--and thats in Germany. I saw a few about a year ago for sale here in the states, but the dealers wanted around $400.00 or $500.00 for it. It was the same design and series as mine is, but for a highly inflated price.

The details of the Red Baron portrait, his Fokker Tri-plane and other artwork is utterly fantastic. The lid is silver and has a Bi-plane on top of it. Someday ill get a friend of mine to post a pic of it in the militaria section--it IS a VERY nice Stein.

The Rommel Stein came from a Stein dealer in Friedrichshafen or either Meersburg--both are located on Lake Konstanz. The dealer I got this from doesnt ship overseas. I can try to search the net for you and might be able to find a Rommel Stein. Now currently--there is a series of Silver Commerative Coins (German) for sale that are all Rommel related. Each coin has a pic of him on one side and a pic of either a Panzer--a BMW cycle--or something related to the Afrika Korps--on the other. I was thinking of buying a few of them--and I dont know how many to a set but there were at least 5.

6. dasreich

dasreich Member

Thanks for the info Carl- :cool:

I really would appreciate any help you can give me. And Im intrigued by the commemorative coins-that looks interesting. Ill take a look around the internet for them, but if you know an address or url, that would be great.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear Das Reich--quite welcome--ill get to looking around at sites and see if I can find one or give you some leads.

8. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

A statue of Rommel on the bookshelf sounds very cool dasreich! I've got a small statue of a penguin of all things. I managed to fit a 1/6th scale mp40 into his hands, he looks quite fierce this panzergrenadier penguin. He'd make a great mascot in my opinion, our very own PanzerPenguin. :cool: