Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

ww2online

Discussion in 'WWII Online' started by mart, Apr 17, 2001.

1. mart

mart Member

will you guys all get into ww2online as soon as it comes out? www.wwiionline.com

Briefly : ww2online is a massive multiplayer game, where huge servers will play ww2 from beginning till the end and where you can enlist in the army of your choice, the unit of your choice, being it navy, infantry, airborne infantry, etc etc. logging in on day 1 and stopping after a few hours will leave you to find out that after logging on again, the war has moved on, and comrades have perished, units have been moved etc etc.... the ultimate wargame i would say.

Probably most of you will enlist in the German army....and start a glorious career. Some will die in the first hours of the invasion into france, others will live long enough to climb the ranks, get iron crosses and other merits. some will get shot for deserting maybe, and others will go missing (bad connections [​IMG]

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I probably will give it a try, I just hope the technology is there to properly support the amount of users who will show up.

Interestingly, I owned wwiionline.com, and a bunch of other ww2-ish domains, but I ended up picking ww2n.com and ww2network.com for this site. I threw the rest went back into the internet sea so to speak, when I realised that keeping them all would have cost be a ton of money.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Id like to try the game but these :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: darn library computers cannot have access to them for obvious reasons.

On my sisters computer, I play the excellent game called "Eastern Front" by: Talonsoft a German company? AT least the CD is in German.

4. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I think Talonsoft is an American Company...Norm Koeger (or is Kroeger) is/lives/works in the US and has designed the infamous The Operational Art of War series here. Theres also a Europe version of the game, so it is possible that that is what you have. Otherwise, i have no idea of the origins of Talonsoft. [​IMG]

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thats :cool: thanks for the info :D :D

6. A.GREG

A.GREG Member

Anytime mart, I'll try it out, when is it going to be ready?

7. Ron

Ron Member

yeah it sounds cool. Let us know when the site is up and working!

8. mart

mart Member

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear Mart: I tried it but it did not work--maybe its just that im using the public libraries computer? :confused: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused:

10. mart

mart Member

11. A.GREG

A.GREG Member

I got it mart, thanks, its pretty good.

12. War Hawk Sniper

War Hawk Sniper Member

yea its pretty cool game when did it come out?